We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

half day in venice

Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
half day in venice

ok im visiting venice with my wife for half day only ...... what are the most important things to do in venice and do i need to book anything in advance ..... also what train station is better for me as im coming from milano ?

Thanks in advance

Best Seller
Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica...
455 Reviews
from US$77.30*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,627 Reviews
from US$79.70*
US$86.80
Best Seller
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,677 Reviews
from US$53.50*
4 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
96,956 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: half day in venice

The important things for you to do in Venice are those that interest you. You need to get hold of a guide book on Venice and read up to decide what to see. Nobody can do this for you.

No matter where you are coming from, the only train station actually in Venice is Venezia Santa Lucia.

Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: half day in venice

okaaay ..... another question is it necessary to buy train tickets from now or i buy them when im there at the same day or before a day ? :))

Milan, Italy
Level Contributor
211 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: half day in venice

The better way to go is the "Frecciarossa train" from Milano Centrale (is better to booking from now by the site of Tenitalia). In 4-5 hours is it possible to see the most important places and monuments of the city centre of Venice (walking Santa Lucia Station), like Piazza San Marco, Ponte dei Sospiri, Ponte di Rialto. The city center, with bridges of the Laguna, is small, and it's easy to visit by walk.

Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: half day in venice

thank u very much my friend :)

Reply to: half day in venice
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted