We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vaporetto pass

nys
Level Contributor
204 posts
138 reviews
Save Topic
Vaporetto pass

Hello tripadvisor members,

I will be staying in San Marco from July 5- July 9 and arriving at Marco Polo airport. I arrive early on July 5, and leave by noon on July 9. Should I buy a 7 day vap pass, or is that too much? I definitely want a pass, but I am unsure of the number of days I should purchase. I do plan to visit Burano and Torcello. Thank you in advance.

Best Seller
Legendary Venice St. Mark's Basilica...
430 Reviews
from US$75.70*
Special Offer
Skip the Line: Venice in One Day...
3,614 Reviews
from US$78.00*
US$85.00
Best Seller
Venice Walking Tour and Gondola Ride
2,663 Reviews
from US$52.40*
10 replies to this topic
UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
49,363 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vaporetto pass

After a 3 day pass, €40. the next is a weekly, which is €60, I think you will find it will pay you to get the one for a week,

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,762 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vaporetto pass

I was about to post a similar question. Also arriving at Marco Polo airport and then aiming to get to our apartment near S Maria del Giglio, with a return trip five days later. Trips to Murano, Burano and Torcello. Not sure that it pays to get the €60 pass, even if we go over the three days pass with a couple of extra journeys.

Cannes, France
Level Contributor
403 posts
326 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vaporetto pass

Agree with Sophie. We are here for 5 days and took the 7 day which allowed everything we wanted to do. Just remember that you must use at the auto gate before you get on and the first time starts it's validity.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,251 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vaporetto pass

If you are there for 5 days, a week's pass works out at €12 per day, which is less than two vaporetto journeys. The ability to ake journeys if I want to during the entire stay would outweigh any monetary saving for me. But as I love just going up and down the Grand Canal in the evenings, I doubt I'd actually save anything anyway,

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
49,363 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vaporetto pass

I think we are all agreed on that one,

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vaporetto pass

Hello fellow travellers !

We arrive at Venice Marco Polo Airport on 13th June and leaving on 15th. We need to get to Rialto and then to Saint Lucia station on the way back; our host suggested to take the number 5 to Piazzelle Roma and from there the water taxi to Rialto. I wanted to know if we buy the 2 day pass with the airport transfer (I think 36 Euro Cost) then can we use the same pass to get back to the train station ? Is the train station next to Piazzele Roma ?

cheshire, england
Level Contributor
6,807 posts
80 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vaporetto pass

gaurava62 - it’s a water BUS (vaporetto) that you’ll take from Piazzale Roma to Rialto. Water taxis are a different thing..

Yes, you can buy the land bus #5 ticket as well as the vaporetto pass at the airport when you arrive. And yes, you can reach the train station with that same pass. Your final journey needs to finish before the time expires.

Oh - and the train station is on the opposite side of the Grand Canal from Piazzale Roma - the vaporetto stop is FERROVIA.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 23:53
Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
69,251 posts
468 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vaporetto pass

The pass will cover vaporetto's but not water taxi's.

Huntington Beach...
Level Contributor
38 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Vaporetto pass

We bought a 1-day pass for the 24 hours we were there and rode the vaparetto 7 times in 24 hours. You'll definitely get your monies worth by getting the week pass

Edited: 10 June 2018, 01:27
nys
Level Contributor
204 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Vaporetto pass

Thank you very much. I plan to purchase the 7 day pass.

Reply to: Vaporetto pass
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted