We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wait time to get into Basilica

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Wait time to get into Basilica

What is the typical wait time to get inside of the Basilica? Since we have the secret tour at the Doge's Palace in the morning. We probably won't get to the Basilica until around 3pm, would like to know if getting the skip the line ticket is worth it or not?

Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Doge's Palace
Doge's Palace
21,937 Reviews
Venice, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
9,576 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Wait time to get into Basilica

I would as the queues are starting to get long. Best way to see the Baslica is the out of hours tour... I went a few weeks ago and found it very interesting

San Jose, CA
Level Contributor
53 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Wait time to get into Basilica

I'm sorry, what is the out of hours tour?

Thanks.

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,250 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Wait time to get into Basilica

It looked like the line was usually pretty long to get into the Basilica, but it seemed to move pretty steadily, so I'm not sure it would take as long to get in as it looked like it would. I bought the skip the line ticket on my phone from outside the Basilica but then after I watched the line a couple of times I'm not sure it was necessary.

NY
Level Contributor
3,773 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Wait time to get into Basilica

The line does seem to move along , but what if it is really hot or raining. The timed ticket is not expensive, and easy to get on line. If you are short on time, better to have and not need than vice versa

Reply to: Wait time to get into Basilica
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted