We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Skip the line

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
89 posts
40 reviews
Skip the line

There are lots of posts on this, but I am still a little confused. If you wish to buy a skip the line ticket, can you wait until you are at the attraction (say Doge's Palace)? We are not certain as to when we will be there and thus do not want to purchase beforehand.

5 replies to this topic
NY
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
105 reviews
1. Re: Skip the line

Just read about it, for example

https:/…

Cheshire - England
Level Contributor
753 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: Skip the line

I purchased it in advance and while others may correct me I do not recall seeing anywhere at the actual place where you could walk up and buy one. Just for your information with the pass you go to a separate door and show it to get in but in advance of this you had to go and deposit all bulky items like back packs. Full information re all this comes with the ticket.

NY
Level Contributor
3,930 posts
105 reviews
3. Re: Skip the line

I am pretty sure it is only on line.

Tonawanda, New York
Level Contributor
89 posts
40 reviews
4. Re: Skip the line

thanks all. Much appreciated. Looks like I will try to purchase online once I get there.

Illinois
Level Contributor
19,342 posts
16 reviews
5. Re: Skip the line

You can't walk up and buy one, but if you have data access you can buy one online on your phone and show it to them on the phone - you don't have to actually print it. You could do this with wifi too obviously, but I don't know if there's anywhere with free wifi around there. This is for the Basilica. What I don't know is if there's a limited number of skip the line spots. I was able to book an immediate time slot.

I did the Secret Itineraries tour at the Doge's Palace which includes a separate entrance line. At about 9AM a couple of weeks ago none of the lines were long at the Doge's Palace. The Basilica one went about halfway across the piazza between the Basilica and the Grand Canal, but it couldn't move because the Basilica wasn't open yet.

Reply to: Skip the line
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted