We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

Somerset
2 posts
Save Topic
Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

I'm going to Venice for the 1st time in April. Arrive late on a Sunday evening, about 2230hrs. A few questions somebody maybe able to help me with which would be great. 1) How late does the Alilaguna ferry run? 2) Is either the ATVO airport coach or ACTV bus included in a ACTV travelcard? 3) Do the Vaporetto's run late at night? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,441 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

The Alilaguna Ferry runs late enough see

www.alilaguna.it

Actv Bus from the Airport is included with the Actv Vaporetto pass,

Vaporetti run 24/7 but a reduced service at night,

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,612 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

The last Alilaguna Blu line ferry for San Marco Giardinetti departs at 00.10.

If your plane only lands at around 23.30 hours you will have to retrieve your luggage and pass through customs and immigration before reaching the Arrivals Hall. You then have a walk of nearly 500 yards to the Alilaguna landing stage.

I have grave doubts you will be able to catch the 00.10 ferry. The next ferry is not until 06.10.

The last ATVO coach used to departs at 00.10. See www.atvo.it for current timetables. You have a slightly better chance of catching this express coach as it departs from nearer the exit from the Arrivals Hall. ATVO is a different company to ACTV so tickets are not interchangeable.

The ACTV No 5 service bus - again the last service departs around midnight. Check www.actv.it for the exact time of departure. This bus is a little slower than the ATVO coach and takes around 35 minutes to reach Piazzale Roma in Venice.

There is no vaporeto service from Marco Polo. Once you reach Piazzale Roma then vaporetto lines run the normal daytime service until around midnight. Thereafter they run a slightly less frequent nighttime service around the city.

Taxis are available to take you to Piazzale Roma in around 20 minutes. It is so long since I last took a taxi in Venice that any price guide would be hopelessly out of date.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
46,441 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

The poster did say she should arrive at Marco Polo at 22.30.

Chorley, United...
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
18,612 posts
118 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

Thanks Sophie8 for pickinp up my mistake. My apologies, my aging, failing eyesight (I have both glaucoma and cataracts) does lead to mistakes. I read it as 2330.

Josephine should have ample time to catch the 0010 Alilaguna ferry. Whether she can make the previous ferry at 23.10 is rather more doubtful.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

A good website with info on getting from Marco-Polo to Venice, including a link to the Alilaguna timetable is:

europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/venice… (copy and paste!). When one arrives really late, there is always an expensive water-taxi as a last resort.

Plymouth, United...
Level Contributor
335 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

Sorry! before someone picks me up. you can of course click on above web address and not copy and paste.

Surrey
Level Contributor
2,413 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

There's a strong possibility that you can catch the 23.10 Alilaguna. You can get through the arrivals process very quickly at this time of night - I've often been out of the terminal within 25 minutes of landing, including collecting hold luggage. Also planes from the UK do sometimes land early. Mind you, make sure you have enough time to get to the Alilaguna as the boat leaves on the dot. Don't stop to get a ticket in the terminal you can buy one from the dockside or from the ticket collector as you board.

Somerset
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

Thank you everyone. That was much appreciated and very helpful.

9. Re: Marco Polo Airport To St Marks Square

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 August 2009, 12:21