We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Venice Connect - Museum Pass

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Venice Connect - Museum Pass

Hello, has anyone purchased the Museums of St.Mark's Square Pass at the Venice Connect site? On other sites you have to specify exactly at what time you are taking the tour at Doge's Palace, but I don't see anything like this on the Venice Connect site. Does this mean I'll have to wait in line for an available spot?

Thanks!

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
25,402 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Venice Connect - Museum Pass

The following is my understanding. Others will correct me if I am wrong.

Once you have picked up your Vencieconnected card you may have one entry to each of the listed museums. You would bypass queues.The tickets are valid for 6 months for one entry to each museum. So while it may be POSSIBLE to book a timed entry when buying some tickets, it is not yet NECESSARY to book a timed entry. Just march past the queues and show your pass.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
87,519 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Venice Connect - Museum Pass

The Museums of St Mark's pass gives you entry to the Doge's Palace, for which there are no timed entries. The pass does not include the Secret Itinerary tour of additional parts of the Doge's Palace.

St. Louis, MO
Level Contributor
46 posts
294 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Venice Connect - Museum Pass

We purchased the museum-only Venice Connected pass. We only used the water bus twice, so the transport option was not needed.

You do not pick up a museum-only pass at the locations stated on the Venice Connected website, however. Go into one of the listed museums, such as the Doge's Palace, and pick up the pass there. I went to several Venice Connected pickup points yesterday until we all figured this out. You have 6 months to use the pass from the day it is purchased, according to the pass.

We did not have reserved times at any of the museums--we just walked in ahead of the queue, even to pick up our pass. We didn't do the secret tour--just the Doge's Palace--and found it to be an extensive, well-done exhibit. Plan for an hour at least.

Note that there are no free maps of Venice except at the airport (and maybe your hotel), so print one off the internet (I used Google Maps) before you arrive.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
47,067 posts
84 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Venice Connect - Museum Pass

Regarding free maps, the ones the Hotels give out are usually very basic, it is really something worth buying before you go it does not have to be expensive, best to buy one of the weather proof ones, paper ones are not practical,

Hamilton, Ontario
Level Contributor
21 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Venice Connect - Museum Pass

Thanks for your help guys!

6. Re: Venice Connect - Museum Pass

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 December 2009, 14:22