We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation, which option.

Which Venice hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation, which option.

I have been researching the different options for travel around venice. We are staying at Cavallino-Treporti and plan on visiting Venice at least once.

I have seen there are many different options for the vaporetti. Can someone please clear up my query.

Does a 12 hour travel card entitle the holder to 12 hrs unlimited travel within the area? Will this include travel from Lido-Venice and the other islands (murano, Burano)?

I'm thinking this will be the better option as i think the singular ticket (7 Euro) is for each journey?

Sorry for possibly over complicating a simple matter.

Any help much appreciated.

Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation, which option.

Also to add, the vaporetti, does this go on the grand canal and a good way to see venice with 3 young children? We can't afford a gondola this time around, maybe if i can persuade the OH to take me minus children.

Venice
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
8,917 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation, which option.

Yes it will cover you for 12 hours cover . Howver Venice and the islands is quite a bit to do in a day . You might want to look a boats leaving Punta Sabbioni as well as Treporti giving you a few more options.

The pass covers all the vaporetti so that includes the boats on the grand canal.

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,700 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation, which option.

A Vaporetto pass can be used amuch as you want, you can use it to go to the Islands .Lido etc,

it is a great saving if you plan to get around a lot, as you say €7 each one of ride soon mounts up,

it is a ideal way to see the Palaces along the Grand Canal, especially if you can get a seat outside, the children would enjoy,

Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation, which option.

Brilliant thank you so much for your quick reply. I have seen it is 18EU for a 12hr pass. This does seem a better option as the trip to venice and back from Lido will cost us 14Eu anyway. Do you know where we can buy the passes from. I've seen i can pre-book online but we do not know which day we plan on using them. We will be travelling from Punta sabbioni i guess if we were to go to venice from Lido?

Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation, which option.

Sorry yet another question. Is it correct that it is for people aged 6+? I have a child aged 5 so potential saving of 18Eu means an extra few glasses of wine for me!

UK
Destination Expert
for Venice
Level Contributor
45,700 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation, which option.

You can buy the passes at any manned Vaporetto stop, also automatic machines at the stops,

The 5 year old goes free,

Level Contributor
44 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation, which option.

Thank you so much. Now all i need if for the weather to sort itself out.

Johannesburg, South...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation, which option.

What is the best and cheapest way to get from the cruise port to the airport? Any recommendations please.

Thanks.

Matlock, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation, which option.

Last time I bought a travel pass for the vaporetti I used it continuously for the time limit. The three day pass was brill and and we used ours to go to Murano, Burano, Lido and Isola St Michael. we lost out for some planned journeys as the vaporetti staff went on a strike without warning for half a day. Otherwise great

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
8,247 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation, which option.

@Annamarie F

Best if you start a new thread, and not piggyback on an existing thread which is different.

'Best' is not always the cheapest. Easiest is to get a land taxi from Stazione Marritima to the airport.

see

europeforvisitors.com/venice/articles/transp…