We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

HELP!!! How to get to Olbia from UK??

Notts UK
Level Contributor
94 posts
HELP!!! How to get to Olbia from UK??

We are looking at going on an activity holiday to Santa Lucia, initally I was looking at flying but cannot find any reasonable priced ones. So another option I was considering was getting the ferry to Olbia from the uk, but Im not sure if this is possible, can anyone advise me if this is possible or if tif there any other options ie train, or other flight companies? Many Thsnk

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
32,997 posts
1. Re: HELP!!! How to get to Olbia from UK??

Look at easyJet from Gatwick or Jet2 from Leeds-Bradford. You won't find anything cheaper, including by train.

Ferry from the Uk would take several days and be very expensive if there was one, which there isn't.

Florence, Italy
Level Contributor
1,046 posts
34 reviews
2. Re: HELP!!! How to get to Olbia from UK??

You could fly Ryanair to Pisa, from here reach the port of Leghorn and take the ferry to Olbia (Sardinia Ferries or Moby Lines).

Will you rent a car? If not from Pisa airport you can reah Leghorn by train.

Another option could be flying Meridiana, frm Gatwick to Florence and then Florence to Olbia. No idea abour prices.

Sardinia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Sardinia
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
3. Re: HELP!!! How to get to Olbia from UK??

Taking a step back from Santa Lucia :

When are you looking to travel?

OK to hire a car?

What sort of activities do you want?

Olbia
Level Contributor
616 posts
37 reviews
4. Re: HELP!!! How to get to Olbia from UK??

Getting to Sardinia by ferry from the UK will be very expensive, especially crossing the Channel. I think that the Channel is the most expensive crossing in Europe. Ferry prices in Italy look like they are doubling this year. Best to fly, Jet2 flies to Olbia from Leeds, check the dates and prices.

Sardinia is a very good place for active tourism: canyoning, climbing, cycling, diving, horse riding, free fall, hayak, quad bike, sailing, scuba diving, skydiving, trekking, trekking and guided excursions.

5. Re: HELP!!! How to get to Olbia from UK??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 23 October 2012, 20:17