We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car rental olbia

london
Level Contributor
85 posts
65 reviews
car rental olbia

This is to warn tourists renting a car at Olbia airport.

We rented a car for 2 weeks mid september-end september..

We stood waiting for 45 min. before we got our car and on checkout at the end

we had to wait in the car park for 25 min.

Make sure you return the car in plenty of time before flight so you dont

get stressed out about missing your flight.

80 replies to this topic
1. Re: car rental olbia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 15 June 2014, 00:21

Philadelphia...
1 post
1 review
2. Re: car rental olbia

I for one guess it was Locauto at Olbia Airport. Surly clerks, reservation disputes and all around poor experence. I should have known it was an Enterprise affiliate. Made a reservation five months ago and was late for pickup. I was told that my reservation was cancelled, and I was given an new contract with a newly doubled price.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
13 reviews
3. Re: car rental olbia

What a horror stories

Level Contributor
1 post
14 reviews
4. Re: car rental olbia

I rented a car for couple days in late sept. from eupocar in porto rontondo and had a good experience, good service and didnt take very long. Returned at airport and was ok but the people not as friendly.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,773 posts
81 reviews
5. Re: car rental olbia

delays at pick up are normal at all rental companies, as planes tend to disgorge a lot of clients at one time. a firm cannot be expected to have a large number of staff sitting idle just waiting for a sudden surge. if I am delayed, I am just patient. no point in getting worked up about it. and then there is the problem of some renters not arriving with the correct info or documents and causing delays.

Guernsey
Level Contributor
48 posts
180 reviews
6. Re: car rental olbia

Hi, we are going in May and am confused by all the different insurances and fees to stop you having to pay excess if you have an accident. Anyone have a straightforward, friendly experience where they did not have to put down a huge deposit for the car.

Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,773 posts
81 reviews
7. Re: car rental olbia

whoever you book with will tell you that a hold is required on your cc. this seems to vary between 800 and 2000 depending on where you are renting or type of car. they should offer you excess protection insurance, which removes the need for any hold, and means that in event of damage, you will pay nothing yourself ( or maybe a small excess of around 100)

so it is up to you....be prepared for an excess and hold, or pay the extra for excess insurance (also called scdw)

but remember, tyres and windscreens are not covered by this extra insurance.

Edinburgh, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
17 reviews
8. Re: car rental olbia

Avoid Locauto at all costs

I rented a car from Locauto through rentalcars.com. Quick collection hardly a word spoken took my cc details to block off the 450Euro deposit printed out the forms sign here here here handed me the keys as I say hardly a word spoken. I should have read the contract. They added on a Zero Excess Package without asking me if I wanted it. I never take the zero excess, refused it online, refused it when rentalcars.com phoned me but Locauto have it sussed just don't ask the customer if they want it add it on and hope they don't notice. They don't charge the card until you return the car and get a plane home so all you think is happening is they are blocking off the deposit. Dishonest company crooked practices DO NOT rent from them.

Edited: 14 June 2014, 00:47
Dublin, Ireland
Destination Expert
for Austria
Level Contributor
27,773 posts
81 reviews
9. Re: car rental olbia

did you not check the costing on the account when you signed for it? if it was not included on the form you signed, they could not charge you for it retrospectively, and you should take it up with your cc. if you actually signed for it, then you have to just accept that you made an error.

moral....check what you are signing for.

10. Re: car rental olbia

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 01 May 2016, 00:30

Reply to: car rental olbia
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted