We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sicily in one week

3 posts
Save Topic
Sicily in one week

We are a couple currently staying in Salerno. We have one week to spend in Sicily before going Home.

What places are most important to visit? Food to taste? Ruins to visit?

My partner are a diver so we are considering Aeolian islands or exploring mainland with a car.

Any advice on what not to miss would be sincerely helpful!!

A route to go by car would be lovely.

3 replies to this topic
London
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sicily in one week

"My partner are a diver so we are considering Aeolian islands or exploring mainland with a car."

Those are two completely different kind of holidays. If you want to go to the Aeolian islands then what's the point of us telling you about sightseeing in mainland Sicily?

If you are into diving check out Ustica as well, ferry from Palermo.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 21:16
3 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Sicily in one week

I guess we havent decided where to go and thats why i am writing here.

Since we have one week i was hoping for advice to make the Most of our week.

So yes... advice in where to go on mainland would be helpful.

London
Level Contributor
2,957 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sicily in one week

You can't really see the whole of mainland Sicily in one week, but you can see part of it.

For example you could focus the east side: Catania, Taormina, Siracusa, Noto, Modica, Ragusa

Or the north / west side: Palermo, Monreale, Cefalú, Segesta, Trapani, Selinunte

The other must-see are the valley of the temples in Agrigento and the Villa Romana del Casale in Piazza Armerina,

When are you going? If it's summer than I would forget sightseeing altogether and just enjoy your diving holiday in the Aeolian Islands, in Ustica or in the Aegadian islands. Even Lampedusa.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 22:07
Reply to: Sicily in one week
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted