We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Winter trip planning - some transport questions

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Winter trip planning - some transport questions

Planning a month long trip for December/January and have some questions on likely public transport availability on certain routes. A lot of services seem to either stop in mid September or services are drastically reduced from that time. All trips below will be during the first 3 weeks of January. I'm trying to avoid travelling on Sundays wherever possible.

Transport between Piazza Armerina and Agrigento involves taking Astra Autolinee from Piazza Armerina to Caltanissetta then changing to Sais trasporti for Caltanissetta to Agrigento. Do these services run all year round? Do both companies use the same bus station in Caltanissetta?

Agrigento to Trapani is with Salvatore Lumia. Does this service run all year round and every day?

Trapani to Palermo is a popular route I think run by Segesta (buscenter.it). Are there plenty of services during January, including running on Sundays? Also, the schedule I'm looking at doesn't seem to show all the stops, only shows Trapani Port and Palermo airport. I know it stops in the city but for some reason the schedule I'm looking isn't showing those stops.

Does the Interbus Palermo to Syracuse service run all year round, and every day?

A final question on visiting Villa Romana di Casale near Piazza Armerina. Their web site says they are open every day but we are likely to be there on 6/1/19 (not really possible to change because of other commitments). This is not only a Sunday, but also a major public holiday. Is the Villa likely to be open on this day?

1 reply
Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
190 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Winter trip planning - some transport questions

Ciuri Home in Trapani were kind enough to answer a couple of my questions.

The Lumia service from Agrigento to Trapani runs all year round.

The Segesta service from Trapani to Palermo runs all year round, including Sundays.

Reply to: Winter trip planning - some transport questions
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted