We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelling Sicily by Bus

spymonkey
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Travelling Sicily by Bus

A few months ago a couple posted details of their trip around Sicily by bus, & encountered few, if any, problems. We plan to do the same this fall, & would appreciate reading their story once again. Please direct me to the blog - I would appreciate reading of others' experiences also. Were the accommodations searched for or pre-booked near the bus stops? Thanks for any & all info re this.

7 replies to this topic
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
110,132 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelling Sicily by Bus

Perhaps you're referencing playaguya?

https://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g18788…

Whether you were to book near bus terminals would depend on the destination.

It would be fine in Taormina, but not recommended in other locations.

Vagabonda

Mentioned in this post
Taormina
Taormina
Sicily, Italy
spymonkey
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelling Sicily by Bus

Oh thanks!! Did check out playaguya - it wasn't the post I was thinking of, but still got valuable tips for bussing it. We have almost 6 weeks there, so have the time to figure things out along the way. Appreciate your reply ❤️.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
110,132 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travelling Sicily by Bus

Prego spymonkey,

If you were to post your route, and I'd be happy to assist with the transport requirements.

Vagabonda

spymonkey
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Travelling Sicily by Bus

Gratzie! One problem we're having is leaving Scopello, where the reserve is, & getting to Trapani. I think we have to go to Castellammare del Golfo - & I've read there are 4 buses daily (except Sundays), then we have to stay overnight there, catch a taxi to another bus station, & leave for Trapani very early in the morning. If you could enlighten me with any other info, such as there's a bus that goes back through Scopello, I would be so grateful.

Mentioned in this post
Scopello
Scopello
Sicily, Italy
Trapani
Trapani
Sicily, Italy
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
110,132 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Travelling Sicily by Bus

Autoservizi Russo is currently running Sunday service between Scopello and Castellammare del Golfo.

http://www.russoautoservizi.it/

You would take Autoservizi Russo from Scopello to Castellammare del Golfo, the Castellammare Capolinea stop located at Piazza Repubblica.

Then you would take Autoservizi Russo onward to the train station, the Stazione Ferroviaria stop.

You might take the train onward to Trapani, but since the tracks were destroyed in a storm years ago, some runs are detoured to Castelvetrano, and some runs have a replacement bus service.

http://www.trenitalia.com/tcom-en

AST is also running bus service between Castellammare del Golgo and Trapani.

http://www.aziendasicilianatrasporti.it:8080/

Consult schedules to determine if an overnight is required in Castellammare del Golfo.

Vagabonda

Edited: 13 June 2018, 02:09
Mentioned in this post
Scopello
Scopello
Sicily, Italy
Trapani
Trapani
Sicily, Italy
Castelvetrano
Castelvetrano
Sicily, Italy
spymonkey
Level Contributor
4 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Travelling Sicily by Bus

It's helpful to know we can grab a bus to the train station in Castellammare del Golfo, eliminating an expensive taxi ride. Will consult the schedules. Was great you took the time & effort to steer us right......

Mentioned in this post
Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
110,132 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Travelling Sicily by Bus

It was my pleasure spymonkey, and yes there is bus service to the train station.

Any time spymonkey!!

Vagabonda

Reply to: Travelling Sicily by Bus
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted