We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary for 3 days in Catania

Eindhoven, The...
5 posts
1 review
Itinerary for 3 days in Catania

With your expertise, please advise where to go or suggest itinerary for 3 days....We will be arriving Catania in January and have a plan to use public transportation and will not rent a car.

We are couple like to enjoy the nature and taste good food.

Please let us know how the weather would be in January 3rd week.

Thank you.

3 replies to this topic
Home Hill, Australia
Level Contributor
46 posts
5 reviews
1. Re: Itinerary for 3 days in Catania

We will be visiting Catania also for 3 nights in April. We hope to do day trips from Catania. We want to visit the valley of the temples and mt Etna. We are looking for somewhere nice to stay and what are the best ways to travel.

Here & There
Destination Expert
for Sicily, Taormina
Level Contributor
115,790 posts
2. Re: Itinerary for 3 days in Catania

Welcome to Sicily Santhosh S!

Spend at least one day exploring Catania.

Itinerari

Musei, Siti : orari e prezzi

https:/…

Then another day in Siracusa.

Take the train, Interbus, or AST.

Vagabonda

Level Contributor
4 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Itinerary for 3 days in Catania

Fantastic! This is exactly what we want to do too. In July this year though. We are arriving in Catania then going over to Salina for 2 nights, then back to Catania and we were going to stay in Siracusa however I wonder whether it would be better to spend the 3 nights in Catania and touring from there. We want to definitely see Siracusa and Etna. Would it be too much of a rush? Plan is flying into Catania at 9.30am, taxi to Milazzo and ferry to Salina at 10.45am arriving in Salina around lunchtime. Staying 2 nights, then back to Catania early morning and then that's what I'm not sure about. I'd rather stay in Siracusa than Catania but don't want to be wasting travelling time but if it's only an hour or so is it worth it to stay in Siracusa?

Reply to: Itinerary for 3 days in Catania
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Catania