Save Topic
5 Days in Sicily

Ciao tutti i viaggiatori!

My husband and I will travel to Sicily from Venice staying in Catania June 9-12, Agrigento June 12-13, Cinisi June 14, departing Palermo on June 15. We have rented a car from Catania Airport through AutoEurope and will return the car at Palermo Airport when we leave. The rental company is Europecar.

Now the questions!

1. We are staying at UNA Hotel Palace in Catania and plan to visit Taormina June 10 and Siracusa June 11. Should we rent a car for those days or take the bus to each destination? I understand it can be difficult to drive in Taormina and you don't need a car.

2. We need to be in Ribera on June 13 to meet my husband's family (who he has never met) so any recommendations on hotels in either Agrigento or Ribera or near there would be very appreciated!

3. Our flight out of Palermo is around 11am and I thought Cinisi would be the closest place but if there are other recommendations I would appreciate it as well! Right now we are booked at Magaggiari Hotel Resort in Cinisi.

So basically we need to go from one side of Sicily to the other in 5 days and I would like it to be as stress-free as possible!

Thank you in advance to anyone who responds! I'm just trying to get this trip organized and see as many beautiful sites Sicily has to offer: )

Sono Siciliana-Americana. Mia nonna era nata a Catania e mi piacerebbe vedere la città.

Grazie mille!