We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tusacn Food

Level Contributor
919 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Tusacn Food

I'm looking forward to visiting the Tuscany area in September of this year. I'd like to know what types of food are "in season" at that time of year. For example, September at home means the peak of sweet corn season, apples and sadly the end of the tomato season.

What fresh foods (and dishes) can you recommend for this time of year?

We're doing a walking vacation starting in Volterra and ending in Florence over an 11 day period. Mid to end of September

Sorry for the typo in the title! It seems it cannot be edited.

Edited: 08 April 2010, 04:39
Eremo Le Celle
Sacred & Religious Sites, Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Cetona's Belvedere
Cemeteries, Caverns & Caves
Museo Diocesano
Speciality Museums
Le Marche, Italy
Destination Expert
for Rome, Marche
Level Contributor
37,725 posts
29 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tusacn Food

All of the garden vegetables are still in full swing in September, including tomatoes, eggplants, zucchini, green beans, plums, and peaches. Sweet corn is pretty much unknown in Italy. I've seen corn for sale for human consumption, but it pretty much looks like field corn.

Level Contributor
919 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tusacn Food

Thanks that sounds delicious! Our garden season is winding down at that time so it will be great to have extend it a little bit longer!

3. Re: Tusacn Food

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2010, 15:17
Follow this conversation!
Get notified when a new reply comes in.
Follow now