We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vecchio

Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Vecchio

Do i need to book tickets for palazzo vecchio online ?

8 replies to this topic
Bedfordshire...
Destination Expert
for Berlin
Level Contributor
11,880 posts
114 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Vecchio

No, buy there.

Level Contributor
10 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Vecchio

You must not do it, but just realize that Florence is one of the most visited cities in Italy and probably in Europe, so specially in high seasons the lines to mayor sights could be long. However, you can avoid or skip the lines (as you prefer to call it) just by booking your ticket online and showing it to the personal.

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Italy
Italy
Europe
Europe
Europe
World
Level Contributor
19 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Vecchio

Thank u

Level Contributor
1,255 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Vecchio

I second the "buy early" advice. We booked the Secret Passages Tour (highly recommended) online, and when we turned up on April 29, the line of people queueing up to buy ttickets was very long. And that was only April, nowhere near peak tourist season. Buying online saved us at least 45 minutes of doing nothing but waiting in line, so if you want to maximise your time enjoying what Florence has to offer, and minimise time spent standing around in lines, I'd say "buy now" :)

Mentioned in this post
Florence
Florence
Province of Florence, Italy
Finland
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Vecchio

I would add that if possible go on a weekday and go early. Stuart and I visited almost at the same time except he on a Sunday and I on a Tuesday and the difference in crowds was significant.

Level Contributor
1,255 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Vecchio

"Stuart and I visited almost at the same time except he on a Sunday and I on a Tuesday and the difference in crowds was significant." - That may also have been because it was the last Sunday of the month. Maybe a free entry day, I don't know, but if so, one moe proof that I really know how to pick 'em :)

Finland
Level Contributor
1,166 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Vecchio

It's the first Sunday, not the last. ;) I happily enjoyed a free entrance to the Bargello that day. But I don't think Palazzo Vecchio is one of those state museums that are included.

Mentioned in this post
Palazzo Vecchio
Palazzo Vecchio
7,832 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Cambridgeshire...
Level Contributor
5,115 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Vecchio

I'm sure you're right, Ariel-Scarlet - the Palazzo Vecchio is a Civic not a State museum.

Mentioned in this post
Palazzo Vecchio
Palazzo Vecchio
7,832 Reviews
Florence, Italy
Reply to: Vecchio
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted