We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best shopping malls

Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
Best shopping malls

Hello

I have heard the (( the mall )) & prada outlet is a must in Florence ??

Should I waste my time thier or milan malls and outlets are sufficient ?

Also is there any better shopping area in Florence ? Or in all italy

La Pelle
Gift & Speciality Shops
Roberta
Gift & Speciality Shops
Lo Spillo
Gift & Speciality Shops
17 replies to this topic
Albion, New York
Level Contributor
998 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: Best shopping malls

A must? Seriously?

Destination Expert
for Florence
Level Contributor
2,866 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: Best shopping malls

The Mall and the Prada outlet are two separate things -- one just a tad south of Florence and the other close to Arezzo, about 100 KM away.

If you don't give a damn about art, architecture, history, culture, food, wine, and just about everything else that makes life worth living, I guess The Mall, Barberino Montevarchi, etc., are " a must".

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,992 posts
7 reviews
3. Re: Best shopping malls

Dear Venerosi, I wake up in the middle of the night full of cold, unable to breath and only log-on by way of distraction but your observations are, as always, the remedy for all ills, I'm already feeling better.

Seriously, OP, where are you coming from, what are the stores like where you live? How much importance does designer fashion play in your life? I wouldn't know a Prada bag if one hit me on the head but from what I hear about the outlet Malls in Tuscany, it's all last season's stuff (or the season before), sometimes seconds (ie stuff they can't sell in the regular shops) and usually in very strange sizes. Also, don't go in expecting to speak Italian. My best friend was there once and had to settle for speaking what she calls English to a Russian shop assistant in order to be served.

Destination Expert
for Naples
Level Contributor
17,985 posts
43 reviews
4. Re: Best shopping malls

Several years ago I met a woman in New York who was making a living running shopping tours to Italy, so apparently there are people for whom this is a "must do". As I recall she was even featured in Oprah's magazine.

Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Best shopping malls

I have an extra day

so I thought since Italy is fashion country why not to try shopping

Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,992 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Best shopping malls

Sure but why not shop in the beautiful streets of Florence where there are stores galore? Neither of the Malls mentioned is in a particularly attractive part of the region.

Los Angeles...
Destination Expert
for Venice, Provence-Alpes-Cote d'Azur
Level Contributor
12,116 posts
566 reviews
7. Re: Best shopping malls

I have no idea where you live, but to travel half way around the World to shop for a discounted bad is insane. Sorry. Just insane.

Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
8. Re: Best shopping malls

I have an extra day in Florence ( that's why I asked for malls )

I will be visiting all top attraction in the previous day, I will go to Tuscany, take cooking class and lots of things

I'm not insane to waist time on mall, just have an extra :D

Edited: 12 June 2018, 12:26
Montepulciano, Italy
Destination Expert
for Tuscany
Level Contributor
8,992 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Best shopping malls

With respect, you need far more than one day to see even the top attractions in Florence.

Level Contributor
24 posts
4 reviews
10. Re: Best shopping malls

previous days ( spelling mistake )

Reply to: Best shopping malls
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted