We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

car hire pisa airport

Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
car hire pisa airport

Can anyone give me any advice on these car rental companies Rhodium.Inter rent or Joyrent or can anyone recommend a good car rental company at Pisa airport

Mentioned in this post
Pisa
Pisa
Province of Pisa, Italy
4 replies to this topic
Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
32,908 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: car hire pisa airport

Contact www.auto-europe.co.uk

Route planner www.viamichelin.com

Be aware of traffic restrictions and ZTL areas in Italy. avoid city centres

www.italia.it/en/discover-italy www.discovertuscany.com

Mentioned in this post
Italy
Italy
Europe
Bridgend, United...
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: car hire pisa airport

i have looked at auto Europe but the three rental companies i mentioned above were a lot cheaper so that is why i was asking anyone's advice on them

Mentioned in this post
Europe
Europe
World
Level Contributor
1 post
8 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: car hire pisa airport

We were planning on using the well known www.holidayautos.com web site that had good reviews but finished up using Jet2s car hire booking system that seems to use the same platform. We booked online with our credit card; bought excess waiver insurance separately (much cheaper). The car hire section is about 1/4 mile away from the terminal, turn right out of the main entrance and follow the red painted path (or use the bus). There are many car hire companies all in the same area. We had used 'Sciliy by car'; their office is in the main car hire building on the right. The sales department had done a good job because there was a long (about 15 people) slow queue. The other companies did not have such queues. The queue seemed to have been caused a couple who had turned up unprepared. We waited 90mins. Though, perhaps because I had all the the stuff ready, photo license, passport, printed 'voucher', credit card the lady had processed me in 10 mins. We had ordered a small car (Polo type); but were given a rather large Fiat Tipo. It was very new and had a lot of mod cons like auto cruise that we didn't use. It had gps that we did eventually work out how to use, It was a diesel. Filling it up on the autostrada before our return cost about 30 Euros, we had travelled to Umbria and back over three days. The return process was quick and there were no disputes with the friendly person who processed us in the car park outside. It was a challenge finding the return spot even though we had been there on pick up.

Mentioned in this post
Umbria
Umbria
Italy
York, United Kingdom
Level Contributor
371 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: car hire pisa airport

Maggiore Budget and Avis are the same company

Hertz dollar and Thrifty are the same company