We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

kids under 9 climbing the tower?

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Topic
kids under 9 climbing the tower?

My kids both want to climb the Tower but when I went to make the reservation it said that kids under 9 are not allowed. My youngest is 8 (and looks even younger). Do they enforce this rule?

5 replies to this topic
Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
94,695 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: kids under 9 climbing the tower?

Why would they have a rule and not enforce it? The rule is there for safety and it is enforced.

Santa Monica...
Level Contributor
72 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: kids under 9 climbing the tower?

So they would ask for proof of age? I understand how a height limit would be enforced and relate to safety but the age restriction here seems a little odd. I’ve not seen 9 as a cut off anywhere else that I can recall.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
38,259 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: kids under 9 climbing the tower?

There are different age restrictions for different things. The age restriction is there for their safety and the safety of others. They will require passports as proof of age when picking up tickets.

Donna

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
2,855 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: kids under 9 climbing the tower?

I don't know why 9 is the magic number but 9 it is. The top of the tower is really not a safe place for kids to be running around. I'm sure you would make sure you had them under control but unfortunately not everyone does so rules are applied. The inner rail at the top is only waist high for an adult. I guess they are scared of some young one climbing n the rail or falling trying to run down the steps etc. I'd be more worried about old folks like me having a heart attack up there after climbing those steps.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
43,913 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: kids under 9 climbing the tower?

Of course they will ask for proof of age (by law you need to carry passports anyway) - they aren't going to risk their insurance, etc by ignoring the rule.

Reply to: kids under 9 climbing the tower?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted