We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shopping face products /women's comfy sandals

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Shopping face products /women's comfy sandals

Hi

I see many face cream products at the pharmacy, co-op store which are local or French brands . I was looking to check for any recommended natural brands the locals use and worth carrying back to the states - body lotion, face and eye creams for dry skin

Also any recommendations for comfy sandals which we don't get in the states ?

Intensus
$$$$, French, European, Contemporary
ArtyGlaces
$, Italian, Healthy
Bayview
$$$$, French, European
5 replies to this topic
Geneva, Switzerland
Destination Expert
for Geneva, Liechtenstein, Air Travel
Level Contributor
5,107 posts
650 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Shopping face products /women's comfy sandals

Hambagahle is probably the only one able to answer to this, I am afraid...

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Shopping face products /women's comfy sandals

Hambagahle

Waiting for your recommendations 😊

Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
41,546 posts
194 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Shopping face products /women's comfy sandals

Sorry - I cannot answer this! The only face creams I use I get from Boots in the UK. 1/4 the cost of anything Swiss and a lot better quality. At least, I think so!! Sandals - I don't normally wear sandals and have certainly never found a comfortable pair!

One product that IS worth buying is Malvala nair polish and nail/hand care products.

paris london
Level Contributor
4,423 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Shopping face products /women's comfy sandals

I am surprised you have seen many local brands in pharmacies and Coop (not co-op in Switzerland), partly because most of the cosmetics sold in Switzerland are from the big international brands, and partly because Swiss brands are mostly premium department store types (La Prairie, Valmont, etc). I am also surprised you have seen natural brands, because these are sold mostly in health food shops. But perhaps you have found a very good pharmacy.

The only Swiss pharmacy brand I am aware of is Louis Widmer, which does an excellent spot treatment, but I have not been impressed with anything else I've tried.

If you want a natural brand I would guess Dr Hauschka (which is German) is the most popular, as it is the most widely sold. Yves Rocher, which is French and 'botanical' rather than natural, has its own stores and is popular due to its relatively low prices and frequent special offers. Otherwise Switzerland is an expensive place to buy cosmetics and there is nothing you can't find cheaper elsewhere, including the Swiss brands. I would check your local online prices before bringing back anything as a souvenir.

The only Swiss shoe brand I am aware of is Bally. "Comfy sandals" are not as big in Switzerland as in SF - women tend to wear more practical footwear - but the Italian brand Geox is quite easy to find in cities and has what you want.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco...
Level Contributor
1,111 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Shopping face products /women's comfy sandals

Thank you for replying .

/nomarmite,

Am not too familiar with this and was quoting tHe sales person at coop - she mentioned atleast 2 local brands which were natural . But thank you for your detailed response and clarifying . I ended up buying a French brand cream in Geneva before I left .

Mentioned in this post
Geneva
Geneva
Canton of Geneva, Switzerland
Reply to: Shopping face products /women's comfy sandals
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted