We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Switzerland Weather/Dress in March

Northeastern US
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Switzerland Weather/Dress in March

Hello,

We have a trip planned to Switzerland for March 1-13, 2013. We are spending 6 nights in Grindelwald and will be skiing the local slopes. Aside from the skiing and mountain elements, typically what are the conditions like in town at that time of year? Should we assume it will be wet, snowy, slushy as it is still winter? I am trying to plan what to pack. Are the local bars/restaurants casual dress? After Grindelwald, we will be staying a few nights in Zurich, and I have the same concerns about dress code and appropriate shoes. I understand any type of weather is possible, but any general information would be greatly apprecited!

Thanks in advance!!

W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,941 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Switzerland Weather/Dress in March

In the villages hiking boot type shoes are acceptable footwear for any and all occasions and depending on what sort of places you intend to visit in Zurich they should probably be fine there too for anything but the most formal event.

Other than shoes casual sportswear is the norm most everywhere.

Most people dont want to be lugging around huge wardrobes when they go skiing.

Northeastern US
Level Contributor
14 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Switzerland Weather/Dress in March

Perfect, thanks!

3. Re: Switzerland Weather/Dress in March

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 February 2014, 13:16