We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Road Bicycle Rental & Day Rides from Grindelwald

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
7 posts
95 reviews
Save Topic
Road Bicycle Rental & Day Rides from Grindelwald

My husband and I decided to book a hotel for a week in Wengen and do mostly day hikes but also a few road bike rides on 2-3 days. I believe we can rent road bikes in Grindelwald and find a few good 40-50K routes starting & ending in Grindelwald. Can anyone confirm this as well as where we should rent the road bikes? Recommendations on bike routes would be fantastic too. Thank you!

Mentioned in this post
Wengen
Wengen
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
Grindelwald
Grindelwald
Hotel Gletschergarten
Hotel Gletschergarten
#1 of 40 hotels in Grindelwald
Parkhotel Schoenegg
Parkhotel Schoenegg
#3 of 40 hotels in Grindelwald
Hotel Eiger Grindelwald
Hotel Eiger Grindelwald
#4 of 40 hotels in Grindelwald
W. Palm Beach, FL
Destination Expert
for Murren, Interlaken, Bernese Oberland
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Road Bicycle Rental & Day Rides from Grindelwald

You can start out in Grindelwald and ride up to Grosse Scheidegg then downhill all the way to Meirengen even all the way down to Brienzweiller. You can stop at the Ballenberg museum if you want or pedal on into Brienz where you can catch the lake steamer back to Interlaken and train back to Grindelwald.

Mentioned in this post
Grindelwald
Grindelwald
Grosse Scheidegg
Grosse Scheidegg
166 Reviews
Grindelwald, Switzerland
Brienz
Brienz
Bernese Oberland, Switzerland
2. Re: Road Bicycle Rental & Day Rides from Grindelwald

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 April 2014, 13:20