We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gondola pass for Jungfrau region?

Hollis, NH
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Gondola pass for Jungfrau region?

We'll be in Grindelwald for 5 days in late May with 2 of our college age sons. We have a local apartment and a car, first time back since 1992.

We expect to be taking gondolas up each day for day hikes all around the region. Are there any discount passes available for the lifts?

England, United...
Level Contributor
2,861 posts
177 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gondola pass for Jungfrau region?

This is the pass you want

shop.jungfrau.ch/en/jungfraubahnen-pass

6 days or the VIP pass for 3 days which includes Jungfraujoch

Hollis, NH
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gondola pass for Jungfrau region?

thanks....but stupid question, I take it by "cablecar" this means gondolas, or ski lifts?

Hollis, NH
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gondola pass for Jungfrau region?

Hi, sorry, more questions.....I'm checking out the passes. We arrive in Grindelwald on a Monday, depart on a Saturday....so really we'll be there 4 full days. If I get a VIP pass, it appears to cost CHF235 for 3 days, and that entitles me to every gondola in the region, plus a a trip to the Jungfraujoch.....no added cost.

What I'm trying to figure out is my savings. What does it normally cost to take the cog train from Grund to the Jungfaujoch? Also, is there a web site that tells me how much the cable car costs from Grindelwald to First, and from Grindelwald to Pfingstegg?

I'm sure there must be savings, just having a hard time determining what those savings are. Thanks ahead, appreciate the help!

Wimborne, United...
Destination Expert
for Lugano
Level Contributor
6,278 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gondola pass for Jungfrau region?

>and that entitles me to every gondola in the region

No. Very limited cover with this pass. Check out validity map at:- swisspasses.com/railpass/…

Also pre-booking/paying for trip to Jungfraujoch not recommended as it is weather dependent. If this prevents you from making the trip or it is clouded in when you arrive at the top you will have wasted a lot of money.

Fares from Grindelwald:-

jungfrau.ch/en/…

Hollis, NH
Level Contributor
340 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Gondola pass for Jungfrau region?

thanks for the advice,...yep, we've been up to the Jungfrau a number of times in the past.....honestly though, bringing two of our kids with us, we'll go in the snow/fog/rain if we have to during the week....it's a long way from Boston to go back! :)

6. Re: Gondola pass for Jungfrau region?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 08 May 2014, 13:17