We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farm Brunch on August 1st

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Topic
Farm Brunch on August 1st

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading that many farms open up for brunch on August 1st, the Swiss National Holiday. I will be in Wengen that day and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for one nearby?

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
Wengen
Wengen
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
3 replies to this topic
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
41,079 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farm Brunch on August 1st

Try contacting the Bernerbauernverband - see link below:

https:/…

But note that these brunches are normally on farms "on the plain" and not in the mountains...

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farm Brunch on August 1st

Thank you for the information. I have found that website before but I wasn't sure which location would be best when staying Wengen. Hambagahle have you been to one before? Do you think it would be a mistake to spend time doing it since it isn't in the mountains?

Mentioned in this post
Wengen
Wengen
Jungfrau Region, Switzerland
Martigny...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
41,079 posts
192 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farm Brunch on August 1st

No I haven't been to "Brunch on the Farm" - I like the idea a lot BUT 1st August we host a BBQ to watch the fireworks and I am always too busy to be away at lunch time...

But yes - you are in the mountains. Don't run down to the plain looking for farm brunches. Enjoy the mountain and the part of the 1st August celebration which is typically "mountain" - bonfires on the mountains in the evening. We once counted 18 from Verbier.

Mentioned in this post
Verbier
Verbier
Canton of Valais, Switzerland
Reply to: Farm Brunch on August 1st
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;