We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Farm Brunch on August 1st

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Farm Brunch on August 1st

Hi Everyone,

I have been reading that many farms open up for brunch on August 1st, the Swiss National Holiday. I will be in Wengen that day and I was wondering if anyone had a recommendation for one nearby?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,661 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Farm Brunch on August 1st

Try contacting the Bernerbauernverband - see link below:

https:/…

But note that these brunches are normally on farms "on the plain" and not in the mountains...

Fort Worth, Texas
Level Contributor
9 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Farm Brunch on August 1st

Thank you for the information. I have found that website before but I wasn't sure which location would be best when staying Wengen. Hambagahle have you been to one before? Do you think it would be a mistake to spend time doing it since it isn't in the mountains?

Canton of Valais...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
42,661 posts
200 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Farm Brunch on August 1st

No I haven't been to "Brunch on the Farm" - I like the idea a lot BUT 1st August we host a BBQ to watch the fireworks and I am always too busy to be away at lunch time...

But yes - you are in the mountains. Don't run down to the plain looking for farm brunches. Enjoy the mountain and the part of the 1st August celebration which is typically "mountain" - bonfires on the mountains in the evening. We once counted 18 from Verbier.

Reply to: Farm Brunch on August 1st
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted