We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pass 11 hours at Zurich?

3 posts
Save Topic
Pass 11 hours at Zurich?

Hi guys,

I have 11 hours connection in Zurich this Wednesday, from 09:00.

Any recommendations for killing time?

Me and the wife returning from our honeymoon.

Preferably looking for somenice mall or something alike, reachable using the train from the airport.

Thanks

6 replies to this topic
Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
370 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pass 11 hours at Zurich?

Siwtzerland's largest shopping centre, Glatt, is just 22 mins away from the airport and accessible by the direct No.12 tram from the airport to Glatt Wallisellen. At the airport, the tram stop is directly opposite the main entrance, and the Glatt stop is on a raised platform above the mall and road. You just walk along the platform and enter the mall at the top floor level.

https://www.glatt.ch/en/Home.4.html

https:/…glatt-shopping-mall

Personally, if it's World class shopping you want, I'd get the train into the city centre and explore Bahnhoffstrasse. It runs from the train station to the lakeside at Burkliplatz, and the shops get more and more 'exclusive' (expensive) the closer you get to the lake. Part way down is Manor department store, where you can get some decent bargains, and it has a great cafe on the top floor wirh a roof terrace. When you get to the lake, you can take a boat trip and have a glass of wine whilst you enjot the scenery. .

Miami Beach, Florida
Level Contributor
757 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Pass 11 hours at Zurich?

or consider an airport hotel...you're still on your honeymoon. that might be a more pleasant way to "kill time".

3. Re: Pass 11 hours at Zurich?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 30 August 2017, 09:48

3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pass 11 hours at Zurich?

The wife wants shopping :-)

But after reading your comments and other advices we'd had to the lake area and the shopping street mentioned in comment 1..

Thank you!

3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pass 11 hours at Zurich?

Thanks!

Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
370 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pass 11 hours at Zurich?

Good choice Adiel.

I hate shopping, but Bahnhofstrasse fascinates me, because it's a glimpse into a different World. Plus when your wife realises how expensive some of the shops are, she can always go and treat herself in one of the hundreds of more reasonably priced shops underneath the train station.

Reply to: Pass 11 hours at Zurich?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted