We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Drive from Zurich to Flims

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
53 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Drive from Zurich to Flims

Hi we are driving from Zurich Airport to Flims in January for a ski trip. Where is a good place to visit with the car on the way route from Zurich to Flims - we have half a day to spare? We have the car so are there any recommended day trips from Flims?

Thx

1 reply
Canton of Zurich...
Level Contributor
411 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Drive from Zurich to Flims

I've been thinking about this one, and all I would suggest for the detour on your arrival day is, you could call into Rapperswil for lunch, then drive over the bridge and visit Einsiedeln. I like Rapperswil. It's very much a working town, but the old town by the lake is charming, and you can walk up to the castle for some great mountain views.

As for day trips, your driving route from the airport takes you through Landquart. This town is a crossroads for the region, whether by road or rail. I'm not a skier, but one of my favourite day trips so far, was to Klosters and Davos. About 10mins walk from Davos train station, is the funicular up to Schatzalp (the Magic Mountain) davos.ch/en/summer/mountains/schatzalpstrela/

We did a snow hike there last winter, the Wasserfall-Rundgang, which was great fun, then had lunch at the Panorama restaurant overlooking Davos. You can ski right up to the restaurant, or take a toboggan up on the funicular and take that route down. Klosters is much smaller and a pretty place, but very ski and bar orientated, so I'd be inclined to take your skis and catch a train there so that you're not driving back with tired legs.

I'd also look seriously at day trips to St Moritz and Luzern.

Reply to: Drive from Zurich to Flims
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted