We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to Switzeland (transport, and city)

Which Zurich hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Adelaide, South...
Level Contributor
23 posts
4 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona to Switzeland (transport, and city)

Hi, I'm going travel from Barcelonea to Switzerland, which transport is easier and faster to reach Switzerland. I'm going to spend 4 days 3 night in Switzerland, but I have no idea which city should I spend in? Zurich? Bern? Basel? Luzern? Lausanne? Geneve?Any suggestions? Appreciate it!!!

BARCELONA.SPAIN
Level Contributor
1,711 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona to Switzeland (transport, and city)

Hola Maggie,

I hae travelled several times to Geneve and Zurich with Swissair, they have some good prices if you book some time in advance. Have a look here:

www.swiss.com/web/ES/Pages/index.aspx…

Haverhill, United...
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
6,217 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona to Switzeland (transport, and city)

There is also Easyjet Barcelona to Geneva or the overnight train. www.easyjet.com www.renfe.es

Do you really want to spend your time in a city or would you prefer to stay in a mountain location,

If you let us know what your interest are then I'm sure thet people will be able to give you the right advice.

Please also peruse the boxes on the right hand side of the Switzerland forum.

Pune, India
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
1,827 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona to Switzeland (transport, and city)

Hi Maggie,

I can suggest a name or two but then it will be my trip not YOURS.

You have not mentioned your travel likes and preferences - is it the mountains or lakes / sporting activities / or city sights that you would like to do?

Take a look at this site,it will give you info on all the cities you mention plus some more.You could then refer back to the forum for fine-tuning the itinerary.

http://www.myswitzerland.com/en/home.html

This one is the train site - all schedules,fares etc.

https:/…ipvVerbindungsListe.do

Have fun.

arvind

Hi HoseAntonio,

I am curious - what would be the rough time involved for air-travel - the flight is 2 hours - transfer from hotel in Barcelona to airport / check-in / check-out at Geneva / transfer to hotel in Geneva ? ( I love train journeys and this one takes around 8 to 9 hours ).

arvind

Edited: 22 July 2012, 18:12
canada
Level Contributor
7,292 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Barcelona to Switzeland (transport, and city)

Joseantnio is right. The connection to the airports are easy and short, almost negligible. What I don´t understand is the price, it is very high when I chose Switzerland as my country. It (even the return price) came down to a fraction when I re-entered as Canada.

5. Re: Barcelona to Switzeland (transport, and city)

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2013, 17:16