We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

UBER ride from Zurich Airport

Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
UBER ride from Zurich Airport

I will arrive at Zurich airport with my husband and 2 children and would think to have a car ride rather than train to get to downtown. Does Uber cars operate from Zurich airport to downtown?

18 replies to this topic
Winterthur
Level Contributor
209 posts
142 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: UBER ride from Zurich Airport

yes they do, but they will need to pick you up in the departure zone and not in the arrival. nevertheless, I would recommend trains to go into the city centre.

edit: you can also check it with entering zurich flughafen as pickup-point in your app, it will also tell you there that you will need to go to the departure zone.

Edited: 13 November 2016, 15:26
2. Re: UBER ride from Zurich Airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 November 2016, 14:12

Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: UBER ride from Zurich Airport

Thanks all for your kind response.

I have checked the estimate cost for Uber, and it is about the same for 4 of us taking the train. But for convenience sake, I will try to get the Uber. Hopefully the apps wont dissapoint me.

London
Destination Expert
for Switzerland
Level Contributor
2,941 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: UBER ride from Zurich Airport

I am very much a train person, but if you need to be collected at the airport, why use Uber? Here is a proper taxi service with competitive rates and hugely positive ratings. You won't have to rely on "HOPE" as you have to with Uber.

https:/…FoRm

Edited: 14 November 2016, 19:30
5. Re: UBER ride from Zurich Airport

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 November 2016, 13:49

6. Re: UBER ride from Zurich Airport

Removed on: 23 November 2016, 16:38

Switzerland
Level Contributor
81 posts
676 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: UBER ride from Zurich Airport

I use UBER all the time from Zurich airport. It is less than half the cost of the regular taxis. You just need to go up in the escalator or lift to the arrivals floor and walk along to the drop of point for passengers. Since you can use a trolly this really isn't too difficult. If I was just going to the Main Station in Zurich I would take a train, but if you need to take a taxi then I would always choose Uber.

Level Contributor
24 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: UBER ride from Zurich Airport

Thanks Janet... appreciate your comment so much... :)

4 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: UBER ride from Zurich Airport

I have Uber app on my US phone ! Will that work in Zurich ?

Switzerland
Level Contributor
207 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: UBER ride from Zurich Airport

Uber works worldwide - that is one of the advantages of the system, you don't have to install a separate app for every country you visit. You can try it at home: try to order a taxi from Zurich Airport, changing manually the place of departure (by default, normally departure is your position, located by the GPS of your phone) - should work. I tried it here in Zurich right now: NY La Guardia Airport to NY Rockefeller Plaza, gives me different categories to order, indication price, showing available cars near the Airport and the route to the destination.

Just make sure to stop the process before actually ordering the driver.

Reply to: UBER ride from Zurich Airport
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted