We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Inr to euro

goa
Level Contributor
21 posts
166 reviews
Save Topic
Inr to euro

Hi

Traveling from India on a mini Europe tour , would like to know wheather there are any money exchange counters at the ferry terminal which convert inr to euro

4 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
60,015 posts
214 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Inr to euro

Hi there,

No. INR is a semi-closed currency. Get your euros in India, insofar you would be able to sell inr here an in any other Western country the rate is far worse than in India.

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,570 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Inr to euro

You would think that being Indian you would know that the LNR is a closed currency!!

Wayne, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
2,118 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Inr to euro

You are allowed up to 10,000 USD or the Euro equivalent every year as an Indian going abroad for tourist reasons and this is accessible from many of the major banks in India in foreign currency.

Hence trying to convert the 25000 rupees which is the maximum in INR which you are allowed to leave the country with, in to Euros makes little sense. The rate which you will pay will be prohibitive even assuming you are able to find a dealer to do the exchange.

Edited: 06 June 2018, 23:30
Level Contributor
20 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Inr to euro

Its best to convert INR into euro in india itself. I checked conversion rate in some places in amsterdam and the difference were substantial Or carry USD dollar. My complete trip report: https://www.anindiantraveler.com/2018/05/my-…

Reply to: Inr to euro
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted