We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Schiphol Airport to Zaans

Singapore
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
Schiphol Airport to Zaans

Hi,

I, my wife, and our 2 and 5 yr old kids will have a few hours layover in Amsterdam. We have 2 regular sized luggages and 2 back packs only. Our arrival at the airport is 9am. We need to be back at the airport by 6pm at the latest. Planning to take UBERX from the airport to Zaanse Schanse to have lunch there and to roam around. We are not really into entering museums and most likely not going to enter the cheese and shoe making places. I have a few questions please.

1. If we leave the airport immediately after we get our luggages and pass immigration, around what time can we reach Zaanse Schans?

2. Do we need a tour guide or we can just roam around on our own? I prefer the latter though cz I don't want to be like a sheep that follows a tour guide. It's tougher if u have kids I guess.

3. Around how many hours do we need to explore the whole Zaanse Schans?

4. Is there a free wifi in Zaanse Schans and is Uber easily available fro there to take us back to the airport by 6pm?

Thanks u so much and I would really appreciate your responses in advance. :)

5 replies to this topic
Europe
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
1. Re: Schiphol Airport to Zaans

I don't think you'll get your luggage on this stopover. Did you book 2 separate tickets or are both legs of your journey on one ticket?

If you're not going to visit anything at the ZS but you're going to be finished in 1 to 1.5 hrs max. Just walk around yourself.

Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Schiphol Airport to Zaans

That’s good to hear. 1.5hrs sounds about right and not rushed. Thanks for the info :)

Nijmegen, The...
Level Contributor
4,390 posts
17 reviews
3. Re: Schiphol Airport to Zaans

Seeing you state Singapore as your location. I don't know what the final destination is but have you checked whether you need a Schengen visa?

Europe
Level Contributor
3,906 posts
4. Re: Schiphol Airport to Zaans

Probably don't need a visa but it never hurts to check.

Edited: 07 June 2018, 20:07
Singapore
Level Contributor
93 posts
5 reviews
5. Re: Schiphol Airport to Zaans

i got our visa covered. Thanks :)

Reply to: Schiphol Airport to Zaans
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted