We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon πŸ’œ

10 posts
Save Topic
Honeymoon πŸ’œ

My husband and I will be coming to Amsterdam next week for part of our long overdue honeymoon. What are some of the cheaper hostel that are still good to stay in? Even AirBnB or hotels that would be budget friendly (like 50-65€). Also, recommendation s on things to do, places to eat, sights to see would be appreciated!

16 replies to this topic
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Honeymoon πŸ’œ

To get started so the hotel (and other) gurus can help you should provide the following information:

-EXACT dates.

-Absolute upper end of budget.

-Are steep stairs okay?

-What are your interests?

-What type food do you like and what is your budget?

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

10 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Honeymoon πŸ’œ

June 13-16

Steep stairs are fine.

Upper end of budget is €85 to 90€.

We are open to almost all food types to try. 25€ or less per meal.

We would love to visit muesums, coffee shops, local outdoors sightseeing. He has a big interested in anything car related also.

Edited: 09 June 2018, 23:32
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Honeymoon πŸ’œ

did you not leave it too late to book?

have you checked any websites yourself?

do you wish people to now check your dates etc and provide you the data or validate any options you may have found?

10 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Honeymoon πŸ’œ

I have checked myself into a few hostels but have been a bit leery of the reviews I've read so I was wondering if anyone had any personal recommendation on a place they really liked. We plan on visit Anne Frank and two other museums but that is all we have scheduled, aside from finding a good local coffee shop.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
3,793 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Honeymoon πŸ’œ

if you want a good hostel - the StayOkay franchise is very good with much more discipline than maybe those which are in the dam square vicinity.

10 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Honeymoon πŸ’œ

Thanks so much! I will be looking in to them! I tried to call a hostel for some help (do not remember which) but got little unfortunately. πŸ˜†

Europe
Level Contributor
3,804 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Honeymoon πŸ’œ

€50-60 won't even get you a bunk bed in a dorm.

It will be hard to find anything under a 100.

Consider staying somewhere else.

10 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Honeymoon πŸ’œ

I have found a few hotels like the Kings Court that seem to be around 100€ each night. Is that more reasonable? Does anyone know anything of this hotel or have any other favorites that are in that range?

Edited: 10 June 2018, 00:08
Winter Haven...
Level Contributor
11,660 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Honeymoon πŸ’œ

Until John or Ron (or others) chime in my thought would be to book if it fits your budget. Pretty far out but you'd have a straight shot into the city center down the Overtoom with a tram stop 100 m away. Seems to be fairly well reviewed. Understand it is in a pretty sterile office park area.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness"--Mark Twain

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
18,155 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Honeymoon πŸ’œ

I have stayed in some god awful dumps in Amsterdam. One on my honeymoon. I have never had a bad trip.

The hotels I normally suggest like the Nh Amsterdam Centrr a decent four star often value priced (certainly under $200) is going for over $500 a night.

My last stay at the Kras-----now over $700 a night for your dates.

I'd suggest the near by city of Haarlem. It's a nice fun interesting cheaper city 15 mins from train from Amsterdam.

Or I'd take just about anything remotely within budget, as you see your budget, within Amsterdam.

My best advice. After this trip make your next one in Feburary.

Reply to: Honeymoon πŸ’œ
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted