We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to leave for a 7:55am flight?

North Carolina
Level Contributor
384 posts
45 reviews
Save Topic
When to leave for a 7:55am flight?

I’m leaving the Amsterdam Marriott on Tuesday morning for a EasyJet flight to Split, Croatia. There will be 4 of us, each with a rolling carry on bag.

I’ve looked at the car services mentioned in the FAQ but my phone isn’t behaving. I can use the hotel’s tomorrow.

Any specific suggestions would be welcome. Also, when should I leave?

Thank you

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
Amsterdam Marriott Hotel
351 Reviews
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Croatia
Croatia
Europe
Hotel Sebastian's
Hotel Sebastian's
#4 of 379 hotels in Amsterdam
Mauro Mansion
Mauro Mansion
#5 of 379 hotels in Amsterdam
Pillows Anna van den Vondel
Pillows Anna van den Vondel
#7 of 379 hotels in Amsterdam
4 replies to this topic
North Carolina
Level Contributor
384 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to leave for a 7:55am flight?

It looks like the N97 stops right in front of the hotel and gets to the airport in 27min, according to Google Maps.

Worth considering at that hour?

Europe
Level Contributor
3,266 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: When to leave for a 7:55am flight?

The last night (N) bus is at 4:46 at Leidseplein arriving at Schiphol at 5:11 which seems a bit early to me for an 8 o'clock flight. After the last N97 (why hasn't that been renumbered yet to N397?) the normal 397 bus service will start running. No real difference except for the number.

Mentioned in this post
Leidseplein Hostel
Leidseplein Hostel
310 Reviews
Schiphol
Schiphol
Haarlemmermeer, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
144 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: When to leave for a 7:55am flight?

I certainly would consider the bus, but I agree I would look at the 397 times too. Aim to be at the airport 2 hours before your flight, waiting times for security are generally about 5-15 minutes at that time of the morning.

The reason it is N97 and not N397 is because there is only room for 3 letters/numbers on the bus. All the night busses have N followed by two numbers; it is also the N30 instead of the N300 etc.

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
43,442 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: When to leave for a 7:55am flight?

With 4 people and only carry on I would use UberX. Will be about the same price as the bus. For a little more space (although it is only a 20 minutes drive at that time) then normal Uber or TCA do a fixed rate of €37.50.

Bus is also an option of course.

The first 397 is at 05:18 from the Leidseplein stop. Gets to the airport at 05:50. That will be plenty of time to get through security and passport control at that time of the morning if you only have carry on and no checked bags.

Just note that Easyjet use Pier H for non Schengen flights. That is the budget airline pier and there are no facilities along there apart from a toilet at the very end. In fact wait in Departures 3 area until at least 30 minutes before your flight and keep an eye on the screens to see which gate on H your flight leaves from. From there it is a 10 minute walk to your aircraft. Pier H is deceptively long so if your flight is ffrom H4,5 or 6 then budget another 5 minutes walking time.

There is a bar/cafe at the junction of Piers G & H so you can also wait there. Also toilets and seating.

As a caveat to that I just checked and some Easyjet flights now use D Pier as an overspill however if I check the flight history for the aircraft that they used on the 5th June (the 07:55 to split only operates once a week on a Tuesday) it is the first sector that it flies that day after arriving from Edinburgh and parking on stand overnight so likely it will be Pier H as said.

Mentioned in this post
Leidseplein Hostel
Leidseplein Hostel
310 Reviews
Edinburgh
Edinburgh
Scotland, UK
Reply to: When to leave for a 7:55am flight?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted