We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Picnic!!

essex
3 posts
Save Topic
Picnic!!

Hello,

It is my second time visiting Amsterdam (14th March) me and my partner are visiting mainly for our birthdays & our love of Amsterdam we just couldnt resist visitng for a second time.

My first time in Amsterdam we went to Vondel Park what a beautiful park , I am hoping if the weather stays reasonable we can visit again this time i would like to take a picnic, any reccomendations as to where I can get one ready made? I have tried contacting Picnic Company but have not seemed to receive no reply after emailing them two times... I gave up! && any advice as to how the weather is now in Amsterdam and what you recon it will be like next week! we did visit last time in April and we was rather shocked as to how chilly it was compared to the UK last year but this time we are prepared with warm clothing :)

Kind regards

Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,967 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Picnic!!

Hi Katy,

Good spring weather promised for next week, contrary to the current chilly winds!

Most supermarkets now sell sandwiches etc. too, like M&S on your side, and also fresh juices etc. in smaller containers. Add a plastic bag, a small pack of napkins and you're there. Or alternatively Subway, here too popular...

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
39,899 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Picnic!!

Picnic in March; brave. Where are you staying? If you look for a traiteur which is a caterer. Also if you like sushi, Sushi Kings are pretty good. this place is also nice

http://www.foodware.nl/

and the Markt shop on the Rembrandtplein has some nice stufff. There are also plenty of places around which do belegde broodjes (filled bread)

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Picnic!!

I have not used their picnic service but Casa e Cucina are a very good eatcafe.

http://casaecucina.nl/index.html_2.html

Dutchgrub website recommends them and he knows his onions.

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
478 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Picnic!!

Maybe if the weather is not so good a picnic in one of the greenhouses at Hortus Botanicus may be an idea.

Zas

The Netherlands
Destination Expert
for Lisse
Level Contributor
1,110 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Picnic!!

Unfortunately Cafe Vertigo (cafe of the filmmuseum) starts its picknick service in april. For a picknick dinner you can buy lovely food ar the traiteur Peperwortel on the Overtoom.

liverpool, england
Level Contributor
2,000 posts
197 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Picnic!!

Maybe you could pick up some stuff at Albert Hijn and take it with you; be prepared for the weather to be changeable and still a little chilly, so Zasuna's alternative may be worth bearing in mind;

We had a lovely day at Westerpark/westergasfabrik last July (very overcast and chilly) and there are several places there that could also be an alternative for an picnic - the one we really wanted to do was De Bakkerswinkel, however for us it was inaccessible as I am a wheelchair user and steps were quite steep to get in, but it would be a nice alternative venue I think.

Have a nice picnic!

7. Re: Picnic!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2013, 16:41