We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotel near airport

New York
Level Contributor
69 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
hotel near airport

Have three days to spend in Amsterdam early November. Would like a 3-star hotel, reasonable, near the airport. Ideal would be near the pier also, but airport more important. Is the Movenpick up and running? All suggestions appreciated.

Skip-the-Line Rijksmuseum Amsterdam...
23 Reviews
from US$20.80*
Zaanse Schans Windmills, Marken and...
2,493 Reviews
from US$70.20*
Free Cancellation
Likely To Sell Out
Skip the Line: Van Gogh Museum and...
559 Reviews
from US$129.70*
Free Cancellation
Amsterdam, The...
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
44,023 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: hotel near airport

>>Is the Movenpick up and running<<

If you mean is the hotel open, then yes for a number of years.

The airport is only 20 minutes by train from the city so I definately would not contemplate staying out there whilst visiting Amsterdam. Get a hotel in teh city.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,696 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: hotel near airport

Unless there is some reason you are not sharing please please please do not stay out by the airport. You will cheat yourself out of the delight of staying in a nice hotel in the city.

New York
Level Contributor
69 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: hotel near airport

Thank you. Any suggestions on hotels in the city?

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
8,696 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: hotel near airport

What's your budget? Check out booking.com for example and look for hotels in this area: http://bit.ly/N4lyUi

Amsterdam
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
2,349 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: hotel near airport

What's your budget?

Maryland
Destination Expert
for Amsterdam
Level Contributor
17,510 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: hotel near airport

tripadvisor.com/…42859795

And while you are figuring that budget for the hotel you might want to glance at the last 20'pages or so of this very long thread.

It is not for sure that you would get this hotel if you bid but the Movenpick shows up a lot as a winner when you bid on PL NYOP.

For win amounts less than $100 USD a night

And as everyone else has said------by all means stay in town.

New York
Level Contributor
69 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: hotel near airport

Thanks, you've put me on my way. I'm looking in the area of $80 a night, give or take. ($60 -100) Luxury, glitz and Wi-Fi are not important; character and cleanliness are. Thanks again; I'll be back.

8. Re: hotel near airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 August 2013, 17:17