We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

train from Rotterdam central to Rotterdam Blaak ??

naperville, illinois
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
110 reviews
Save Topic
train from Rotterdam central to Rotterdam Blaak ??

We will be arriving Rotterdam by Intercity train from Amsterdam in December. I have read that The Markthal Rotterdam market can be reached by train from central station and getting off at the Rotterdam Blaak stop which is next to The Markthal. Question? Is there a change of trains at central or would this be the same 'through' train from Amsterdam? And, would we need a separate ticket for the Rotterdam Central -> Blaak portion?

Thanks!

3 replies to this topic
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Destination Expert
for Sri Lanka
Level Contributor
54,106 posts
196 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: train from Rotterdam central to Rotterdam Blaak ??

Hi there,

Just use www.ns.nl, from Amsterdam to Blaak station, In many cases no transfer needed. And yes one ticket from start to end.

All the best,

<Erik> & [Sandya]

2. Re: train from Rotterdam central to Rotterdam Blaak ??

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 14 September 2017, 02:30

naperville, illinois
Level Contributor
1,554 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: train from Rotterdam central to Rotterdam Blaak ??

Erik,

Yes - I just went onto ns.nl and did the journey planner and I saw that the same train can go from Amsterdam Central right to Blaak. Perfect! And, I saw the ones that require no transfers, even better!

We will probably just buy single journeys for this trip (and as well for the Maastrict trip ) rather than worrying about a travel pass. I am one for ease and less hassle!

Thanks - you have been so very helpful!

Carolynn

Reply to: train from Rotterdam central to Rotterdam Blaak ??
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted