We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Amsterdam airport to Novotel Hotel in The Hague

Dallas
Level Contributor
33 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Amsterdam airport to Novotel Hotel in The Hague

What is the best way to travel from the AMS airport to the Novotel hotel at The Hague?

If train is easy, can you please provide me with a link to see the schedule?

If über is available, I'd that may be my first choice, but I'm not sure if uber is available there.

Thanks for any transportation tips.

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
Amsterdam Airport...
Schiphol, The Netherlands
The Hague
The Hague
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
5 replies to this topic
Port Townsend...
Destination Expert
for Olympic National Park, Port Townsend
Level Contributor
11,065 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Amsterdam airport to Novotel Hotel in The Hague

www.9292.nl/en

For door to door trip planning for all public transportation in the country.

Have fun planning !!

Oregon
Level Contributor
609 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Amsterdam airport to Novotel Hotel in The Hague

Which Novotel? The one in the Centrum or the one by the World Forum?

Also, it might help you to be aware that there are two main train stations in The Hague, Den Haag Centraal and Den Haag Holland Spoor. And that the area around DH HS is currently undergoing a bit of chaos in the immediate vicinity due to the reconstruction of the tram lines that service it. Many stops have been temporarily moved and trams/buses re-routed around it. This will be ongoing until Dec 2017.

If it's the Novotel in the Centrum, then you'll want a train from Schiphol to DH Centraal, then it's not too bad a walk to the hotel.

If it's the Novotel at the World Forum, then you'll likely still want a train from Schiphol to DH Centraal, but you won't want to drag luggage on a walk like that. Luggage is far easier on a tram than a bus, so a tram might be advisable. Keep in mind, not all tram lines stop at Centraal. I'm dashing out the door at the moment, but if you need further details on which tram for the World Forum Novotel, I can help with that a little later.

In the mean time, you might also want to consult the 9292 website given above, plus include Google Maps, ns.nl, and htm.nl. (Both these sites are useful for cross checking the 9292 routings, plus they tend to be more up to date if there is a fault/failure/engineering works going on.) Use a translation program rather than the English versions of the sites for better, more complete results (just remember that translation programs also translate place/street names.)

Once you're in The Hague, are you site seeing or otherwise in need of info on how to get around and about?

Mentioned in this post
World Forum The Hague
World Forum The Hague
111 Reviews
The Hague, The Netherlands
The Hague
The Hague
Schiphol
Schiphol
Haarlemmermeer, The Netherlands
Europe
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Amsterdam airport to Novotel Hotel in The Hague

Uber is available, check their website for a fare estimate.

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Amsterdam airport to Novotel Hotel in The Hague

Den Haag is Dutch for The Hague. Just in case you did not notice. In short DH. Good luck with your journey!

Mentioned in this post
The Hague
The Hague
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Amsterdam airport to Novotel Hotel in The Hague

Just did it by train (to Centraal) and walking. You don't need a schedule. Just walk up to the counter and ask for a ticket to The Hague -- in English. They will tell you the time and platform for the next train. They are very frequent even on Sunday afternoon which was when I arrived. It was about a 20 minute ride.

The the walk to the Novatel took less than 20 minutes through a pleasant part of the city.

I should add that I travel with as little luggage as possible. And that I fortified myself with a Starbucks coffee at the station before I walked!

Edited: 18 September 2017, 04:17
Mentioned in this post
The Hague
The Hague
Reply to: Amsterdam airport to Novotel Hotel in The Hague
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted