We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Train from Brussels to Bruges

East Anglia
Level Contributor
318 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Train from Brussels to Bruges

I am in Brussels for 2 days. I was thinking of taking a trip to Bruges by train. What is the best way to do this please ? and how much will it cost ?

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

< I was thinking of taking a trip to Bruges by train. What is the best way to do this please ? and how much will it cost >

There are 2 trains an hour from Brussels to Bruges. The journey takes about 1 hour.

You can catch the train in Brussels at any of the 3 main stations - Nord, Centrale or Midi.

Return ticket from Brussels to Bruges and back costs EUR 26.20 on weekdays and EUR 13.80 on Saturday or Sunday.

Mentioned in this post
Bruges
Bruges
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
East Anglia
Level Contributor
318 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

If when I buy my eurostar ticket I buy 'any Belgian Station' could I use it to travel to Bruges and back whilst I am in Belgium ?

Mentioned in this post
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
Brussels
Level Contributor
5,672 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

< If when I buy my eurostar ticket I buy 'any Belgian Station' could I use it to travel to Bruges and back whilst I am in Belgium ? >

On the outward ticket, only if you travel to Bruges no more than 24 hours after your arrival in Brussels on the Eurostar.

On the return ticket, only if you travel back to Brussels no more than 24 hours before your departure from Brussels on the Eurostar.

Each "Any Belgian Station" add-on can be used for one single journey within Belgium only.

Mentioned in this post
Belgium
Belgium
Europe
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
East Anglia
Level Contributor
318 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

Is it possible to get the train at Diegem station direct to Brugge ?

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,077 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

No, Diegem is not on the railway line between Brussels and Brugge: you would have to go into Brussels (after Diegem, trains coming from Herent travel through Haren-Zuid, Schaarbeek, Bruxelles-Nord, Bruxelles-Central, and Bruxelles-Midi) and change at any of the last 3 stations for the train to Brugge (final destination Oostende or Knokke-Blankenberge). In addition, as Diegem is not in Brussels, note that the "ABS" portion of your Eurostar ticket covers you only between BRUSSELS and Brugge, not between Diegem and Brussels.

Edited: 06 April 2011, 17:39
Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Blankenberge
Blankenberge
Liverpool, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

can anyone tell me how to travel by train from brussels airport to bruges. And return back to airport a few days later. We need to know quite quickly as travelling next week. we are over 59s

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
156 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

There is a train from Brussels Airport to Bruges. I think it rides twice an hour.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels Airport
Brussels Airport
Zaventem, Belgium
Bruges
Bruges
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
37,077 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

There are twice-hourly trains from BRUSSELS to Brugge, not from Brussels Airport. The airport train travels into Brussels every 20 minutes or so, stopping at Bruxelles-Nord, -Central and -Midi; and as already stated above, trains to Brugge stop at the same Brussels stations in the same order, so you can change at any of these.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Brussels Airport
Brussels Airport
Zaventem, Belgium
9. Re: Train from Brussels to Bruges

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 06:17