We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Brussels to amsterdam day trip

Which Brussels hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Brussels to amsterdam day trip

I will visit Brussels for 4days and I would also like to make one day trip to Amsterdam.I am planning to stay all day in Amsterdam and return at night and but I can not find return ticket to Brussels ??Is there any other bus(expect Eurolines) ar night train?Please help

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
31,653 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Brussels to amsterdam day trip

There is only one bus line (Eurolines) but 2 trains: the high-speed Thalys (2 hrs) or normal Intercity - IC - train (3 hrs). The last train (IC) from Amsterdam-Centraal to Brussels leaves at 20:56, arr. Bxl-Midi at 23:42. The first one to Brussels in the morning is at 05:53 (weekdays, I don't know what day you want to travel). There is no "night train" in between.

Belgrade, Serbia
Level Contributor
35 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Brussels to amsterdam day trip

I am planning to go to Amsterdam on Wednesday.Is it worth to go for one day by bus or train(I mean is there enough time to see the most famous sights there)?How much cost train tickets?

What about Paris day trip?Can you tell me when the last train leaves,how long does the journey take,how much are the tickets?

Or maybe Luxembourg?

I really need your suggestion.Best regards

Brussels
Level Contributor
5,362 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Brussels to amsterdam day trip

< I am planning to go to Amsterdam on Wednesday.Is it worth to go for one day by bus or train >

Yes - though obviously you can't see everything and it will be a long day if you set off early and arrive back late.

Fastest train journey (on high-speed - and usually more expensive - "Thalys" train) takes 2 hours each way.

Slower and cheaper Inter City train takes 2 hours 50 minutes each way.

< How much cost train tickets? >

Tickets on the high-speed "Thalys" vary in price according to demand. It is normally more expensive than the "Inter City" unless you book a long time in advance (several weeks). "Thalys" ticket is only valid for the *train* you book.

Brussels to Amsterdam on the Inter City train costs EUR 39 each way, or EUR 25.40 each way if you are under 26. There are cheaper "day return" tickets at weekends (Saturdays and Sundays). Inter City ticket is valid on any train on the *day* you book it for.

< What about Paris day trip? >

Also quite possible.

< Can you tell me when the last train leaves,how long does the journey take,how much are the tickets? >

Journey Brussels to Paris takes just over 1 hour 20 minutes. Only high-speed "Thalys" trains serve this route - there is no slower "Inter City". Price varies according to the day and time you travel, and how far in advance you book. Ticket is only valid for a specific train.

Last train leaves Paris on weekdays and Saturdays at 22.01 and arrives in Brussels at 23.23. On Sundays there is a train from Paris at 22.25 which arrives in Brussels at 23.47.

< Or maybe Luxembourg? >

Journey takes 3 hours each way and costs EUR 35.40 each way. There are trains once an hour throughout the day. Last train leaves Luxembourg at 20.20 and arrives in Brussels at 23.27.

You can check all these journeys on the Europe section of Belgian Railways website http://www.b-europe.com/Travel

4. Re: Brussels to amsterdam day trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 October 2012, 07:17