Save Topic
TR - first time, 3 nights in Ghent

Hello! This Trip Report is intended to thank all who helped me plan our visit in the Ghent. My husband and his brother went to watch the Tour of Flanders bike race. My SIL and I went along for non-cycling sight-seeing.

I booked the guys into an English language tour group that provided bus transport and a VIP tent experience. They loved it!

We had a beer upon arrival, and wandered around looking at chocolate shops until dinner time. After dark, we checked out the old buildings all lit up at night. Gorgeous.

Next morning, we’d booked the Free Walking Tour of Ghent, and it was great! We walked around for 2 hours learning about the history, buildings, etc., then popped into the Cathedral after Sunday service got out. Did some shopping, more chocolate sampling, tried ginevere, hit a farmer’s market.

On Monday, we 4 went up the Belfry, then over to Castle Gravensteen. Had a great time walking around. Next day, we went to pick up the car, stopped back by our favorite chocolate shop, and drove to Sedan.