We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Iternary help

south riding,va
Level Contributor
43 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Iternary help

We are spending one day in Ghent and Brugge staying at duke royal Brugge ( is it central location)

Will leaf from Brussels around 9-10 Ghent ( plan to see the castle and lunch and then head to Brugge for afternoon/evening and settle in hotel .

My question in this time what can we see in Ghent and Brugge . Would be able to walk enough to cover both the cities , where could I park my car in central location ( paid or public .any casual or local restaurant recommendations.

Plan to leave early to go to Amsterdam via Antwerp next day

Mentioned in this post
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
North Holland Province, The Netherlands
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
3 replies to this topic
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,967 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Iternary help

Be warned that the central area of Gent is seriously, and deliberately, car-unfriendly. Use a P&R on the outskirts and get the tram in, and back out again.

In Brugge, the Dukes PALACE Hotel is relatively central with access to its garage from Moersstraat - parking is payable.

If you leave early for Amsterdam via Antwerpen the next day, assuming that it is a working day, you will have plenty of time to enjoy the traffic jams on the Antwerpen Ring, notorious as having even worse jams than the Brussel Ring.

By the time that you finish your trip, you will be beginning to understand why having a car to visit cities in northern Europe is not a good idea - and be very careful to keep to the speed limits.

Mentioned in this post
Ghent
Ghent
East Flanders Province, Belgium
Hotel Dukes' Palace Bruges
Hotel Dukes' Palace...
3,141 Reviews
Bruges, Belgium
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Europe
Europe
World
south riding,va
Level Contributor
43 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Iternary help

I am traveling on Tuesday and Wednesday

What is the best way to travel to Amsterdam from Brugge if we decide not to stop at Antwerp

Mentioned in this post
Amsterdam
Amsterdam
Antwerp
Antwerp
Antwerp Province, Belgium
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,967 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Iternary help

North to Sluis in the Netherlands, through the Scheldt tunnel, then across the Zeeland islands (connected by bridges/causeways) to Rotterdam.

Mentioned in this post
Zeeland Province
Zeeland Province
The Netherlands
Rotterdam
Rotterdam
South Holland Province, The Netherlands
Reply to: Iternary help
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;