We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 day cruise to Bruges

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
3 day cruise to Bruges

I'm going to Bruges on 3 day cruise in mid June. I'm a small eater so instead of paying £58 for 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts for that amount would it be cheaper just to buy food in the restaurant on board without paying £58 ? from Madeleine.

Mentioned in this post
Bruges
Bruges
West Flanders Province, Belgium
2 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
36,445 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 3 day cruise to Bruges

Off the top of my head, of course it would.

To complete information you didn't provide, you are clearly talking about a P&O so-called mini-cruise, using P&O Ferries from Hull to Zeebrugge ferry port and including coach transfer and (I think 1 night's) accommodation in Brugge. It can't be a "sea-cruise" with any cruise company having Zeebrugge (cruise terminal) as one of its ports of call, because these don't hang about for 3 days.

You ask whether, given the cost of booking and prepaying meals at the BRASSERIE on board the ferry, it would be cheaper to eat what you feel like in that or other restaurant/cafés on board, without pre-booking. However, the menus (or some of the menus, they have put the Kitchen's drinks menu on twice and forgotten the food..) are on P&O Ferries' website (poferries.com/en/…eating-and-drinking) so why don't you just check for yourself what you are likely to eat from, say, the coffee shop menu (poferries.com/medias/…9310987845662.pdf) and what that would cost you?!

I think it's unlikely to come to as much as 14.50 GBP for each meal (= 58 GBP for 4 meals), but YOU are the only person who knows what you might choose!

Newcastle upon...
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: 3 day cruise to Bruges

Thank you for that information - Madeleine.

Reply to: 3 day cruise to Bruges
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
;