We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A weekend in Bruges with my mum - any suggestions?

London, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
A weekend in Bruges with my mum - any suggestions?

Hi

I am off to Bruges next weekend, arriving Friday and staying until Monday. I'm 30 and coming with my 67 year old mum, so was wondering if anyone has any good suggestions that we should think about fitting into the weekend?

We are staying the in the Hotel Montanus and hope to be able to walk everywhere all weekend - is that realistic, or do we need to plan for taxis/buses at all?

Thanks in advance for any ideas and thoughts,

Katie

Leiden, The...
Level Contributor
441 posts
383 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A weekend in Bruges with my mum - any suggestions?

tripadvisor.com/GoListDetail-i26461-3_days_o…

maybe my triplist can give some inspiration

London, UK
Level Contributor
6 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A weekend in Bruges with my mum - any suggestions?

Thanks, that's really helpful.

Sluis, The...
Level Contributor
1,120 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A weekend in Bruges with my mum - any suggestions?

Hello Katie,

Hotel Montanus is located in Nieuwe Gentweg 64, that's right in the middle of the street. You're quietly located near the tourist part of the city. Highlights, museums, attractions and sights are all within walking distance.

If walking proves to be too tiring for your mum you can do a sightseeing tour with a bus, a boat tour or a horse carriage tour. More information in my Trip List "Daytrips and excursions in and around Bruges":

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i24121-Daytri…

You might also want to check out the list "First time in Bruges":

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i23564-First_…

and perhaps "Second time in Bruges"

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i23565-Second…

Other usefull lists that I have made are:

"Frequently Asked Questions for Bruges"

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i26766-FAQ_fo…

and

"Useful & interesting websites to check when preparing your Bruges visit"

tripadvisor.co.uk/GoListDetail-i26032-Useful…

If you arrive in Bruges, probably at the train station, your hotel is about 15 minutes walking. There is a small tourist office inside the station where you can ask for directions.

Buses and taxis are in front of the train station. You can take bus 1 or 11 to reach your hotel. You can buy your tickets in the ticket shop next to the bus stop (1,20 euro per person).

Taxis shouldn't be more than 15 euro I guess.

The Trip Lists will definitely help you get started. If you require more information, feel free to contact me (though I will be on holiday part of next week).

Kind regards,

Sabrina

4. Re: A weekend in Bruges with my mum - any suggestions?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 October 2012, 17:20