We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buses to Passchendaele museum

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Buses to Passchendaele museum

Is it possible to get to the Passchendaele museum by bus from Ieper and if so can anybody tell me what number bus I would need to take and how long it takes.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Buses to Passchendaele museum

Yes it is possible to get a bus.

De Lijn bus no. 94 runs from Ieper to Passendale and Zonnebeke

The timetable is below, and the journey takes about 25 minutes.

delijn-aanpassingen.be/files/…205794.pdf

The bus also stops near Tyne Cot Cemetery, if that is of interest to you.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Buses to Passchendaele museum

Thanks. We will be doing a Battlefield Tour that will include Tynecot Cemetry and Passchendael ( not sure if this will include the museum) but would like to to go back to both to spend some time at leisure. Once again thanks very much.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Buses to Passchendaele museum

Just one further question: Which bus stop would you need to get off at to be nearest to the museum

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Buses to Passchendaele museum

The Passchendale museum is in the village of Zonnebeke

http://www.passchendaele.be/eng/homeEN.html

The nearest bus stop is Zonnebeke Plaats, which is shown on the bus timetable.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Buses to Passchendaele museum

Thanks again. Most helpful.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Buses to Passchendaele museum

If possible, could you give me directions from Zonnebeke Plaats bus stop to the museum and also tell me which bus stop to get off at for the Hooge Crater museum. I have emailed both museums for this information but neither have replied.

London, United...
Level Contributor
3,077 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Buses to Passchendaele museum

For the Passchendaele Museum, use Google Maps and search for Zonnebeke. You will see the museum clearly marked, in a park just off Berten Pilstraat. The bus stop Zonnebeke Plaats is at the junction of Roeselarestraat, Langemarkstraat and Ieperstraat. If you look carefully at the map, you will see two small blue bus stop symbols at the road junction, and if you hover your mouse pointer over them it will show "Zonnebeke Plaats".

For the Hooge Crater museum, look at

http://www.hoogecrater.com/nl/locatie

If you follow the road eastwards from the museum, you will see two more bus stop symbols, as above. This bus stop is Ieper Bellewaerde, near to a popular local theme park, and is served by De Lijn buses no. 50 and 84 from the centre of Ieper.

if you are interested in the First World War sights, you might also like to know that the Sanctuary Wood museum at Hill 62, containing some artefacts from the war as well as a unique set of preserved First World War trenches, is also in the area. Look at the map for the Hooge Crater museum and go westwards along the Meenseweg until you get to Canadalaan. Then turn down Canadalaan for about half to three quarters of a mile.

I am going to be in the area in about three weeks time and want to visit the Sanctuary Wood museum myself.

Chester, United...
Level Contributor
36 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Buses to Passchendaele museum

Once again many thanks. All of the information that you have given me has been brilliant. We are really looking forward to visiting all of these places. As my wifes uncle was killed at Frezenberg Ridge, and his name appears on the Menin Gate, the trip will have special significance for us.

9. Re: Buses to Passchendaele museum

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10 July 2013, 05:16