We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Escargot

London, United...
Level Contributor
339 posts
83 reviews
Save Topic
Escargot

Is there any pub/ restaurant that serves escargot as I usually have them in Brussels but this is my first visit to ypres. I've looked on-line but no luck.

Mentioned in this post
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
35,894 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Escargot

If you have been looking online for "escargots", in French, when Ieper is Dutch-speaking, I'm not surprised you haven't found this: you would do better using English, if not the Dutch which is "slakken" (often, "Bourgondische slakken")! In Brussels, on the other hand, snails are called "caracoles", at least when sold from street stalls.

See tripadvisor.in/Restaurant_Review-g188675-d17… and this refers to a "wonderful" "Vlaamse stoofpot van slakken", i.e. Flemish snail stew: tripadvisor.nl/ShowUserReviews-g188675-d1788… or in English, this also mentions snails: tripadvisor.com.my/ShowUserReviews-g188675-d…

Mentioned in this post
Ieper (Ypres)
Ieper (Ypres)
West Flanders Province, Belgium
Brussels
Brussels
Belgium
London, United...
Level Contributor
339 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Escargot

Good to know, thanks.

3. Re: Escargot

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 02:18
Get answers to your questions about Ieper (Ypres)