We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

6 days in albufeira

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
6 days in albufeira

we (couple + 18 months daughter) are planning 6 days in albufeira in september first week.

I know its a bit early to plan, but i prefer having things neatly planned, especially since am travelling with an infant.

Need suggestions on half and full day tours.

is gibralter worth visiting ? how long does it take ?

should we include a day tour to sevillle ? or leave it for a spain trip in future ?

would like to include zoomarine to the itinerary - or is there a better animal / fun park for infants ?

should i book these tours over the internet or book after reaching ? (whats cheaper / better ?)

are the boat excursions safe with an infant ?

Portitours - Day Tours
Sightseeing Tours, City Tours
GL Tours
Bike Tours, Stand-Up Paddleboarding, Taxis & Shuttles, Private Tours, Sightseeing Tours
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
6,246 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 6 days in albufeira

Leave room for the Fisherman`s Festival in Old Town (6-7th tbc) ... absolutely jumping with street entertainers for children ... christian religious parade on the Sunday in West End.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,501 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 6 days in albufeira

My thoughts

Need suggestions on half and full day tours.

Plenty to choose from at ticket shops but in 6 days you will barely have time to enjoy Albufeira and its beaches. There's all sorts of excursions available locally but feedback varies from excellent to very poor.

is gibralter worth visiting ? how long does it take ?

A 5 hour trip, very early start for a day trip. Most excursions include an overnight stop in Spain. IMHO not worth it on such a short visit to Albufeira.

should we include a day tour to sevillle ? or leave it for a spain trip in future ?

Even Seville is 3 hours again with a rather early start. 2 hours by car. Seville is still very hot at that time of year and would probably not be comfortable.

would like to include zoomarine to the itinerary - or is there a better animal / fun park for infants ?

Zoomarine is highly regarded and is the closest to Albufeira, but take a look at the item across to the right under 'Top Questions' to find out about the others

should i book these tours over the internet or book after reaching ? (whats cheaper / better ?)

There is little if any difference in price. There are sometimes special offers just out of season and anything is easy to book at a ticket shop while you are here.

are the boat excursions safe with an infant ?

Absolutely. They are all licensed and would not dare take risks. I am assuming you wouldn't be taking the child on the high speed death runs!

As pyrman says the first weekend of September is the annual fishermen's festival with a mix of traditional and modern events down by the beach.

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 6 days in albufeira

just googled it, dates are 5th to 7th...perfect timming !...will surely keep 5th free for it...thanks for the information !

Mumbai, India
Level Contributor
5 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 6 days in albufeira

Am looking at one half day tour to lagos @ sagres

and another half day tour to silves & monchique.

questions

1. costs approx 30 USD on

www.city-discovery.com/albufeira/…

is the cost alright or i can get a better deal locally ?

2. anyone booked via this site ? are they reliable ?

3. anyone taken the leaozinho - captain hook cruise ? - will a 1.5yr old enjoy ?

thanks,

dhwani

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
51,501 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 6 days in albufeira

1. On their Europe website the Lagos and Sagres tour is 21 Euros - same price, different currency. You might get trip locally for 1 or 2 Euros less but is it worth the effort?. There is fierce competition among the tour operators, so it may pay to take a trip around a few of the numerous ticket shops when you are here.Then you can see what's on offer. Prices are rock bottom if you take a gamble and wait until the day before as they must sell empty seats! Otherwise pay the 21 and save your shoe leather.

2. I have no reason to think otherwise.

3. Not personally but I can see the boat from my window when it is moored in the marina. I am not sure a 1.5yr old would enjoy such a trip in the way an older child would but i cannot think of any reason not to go.

6. Re: 6 days in albufeira

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 12:17
Get answers to your questions about Albufeira
Recent Conversations