We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

I am interested in attending the Carnival parade in Loule, Portugal. Can anyone tell me if there is a parade each day of Carnival and if it is only once, what the date is for 2018? Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Loule
Loule
Faro District, Portugal
10 replies to this topic
Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
238 posts
134 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

If I may, please, I'll piggyback on your posting, Librarygirl.

My wife and I have rented a house in Loule for ten days during carnival. If anyone can suggest some "don't miss" events, we'd be appreciative too. We're two retirement age (but not retired people) and enjoy our partying a bit on the less raucous side.

Mentioned in this post
Loule
Loule
Faro District, Portugal
Cardiff, UK
Level Contributor
222 posts
577 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

You'll have to get your skates on librarygirl. We believe it's 3 days with parade floats at 3pm daily ending on the Algarve's Carnaval public holiday, which is 13th February this year. Expat contributors will no doubt confirm or correct. Some great photos of last year's carnival at:

https:/…

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,677 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

That's correct. Main parades are on Saturday afternoon, Sunday and Tuesday, which is the actual Carnaval day. So 10th to 13th February this year.

It's a very, very, popular event with tens of thousands on the streets. Get there early and be prepared to walk into the centre from parking areas at the edge of town.

Saskatoon
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

Thanks to everyone for your replies. After seeing the photos we are really excited about being in Loule for Carnival.

Mentioned in this post
Loule
Loule
Faro District, Portugal
Leeds, United...
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

My niece and I are wanting to go to the carnival on the 13th. Do you know how we can get from Albufeira to Loule? Is there a bus service?

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,677 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

It will be probably be Sunday service on the buses. The bus from Albufeira bus station at 1205 will get you there at 1245 in good time for everything. The next bus won't be until after four.

Coming back, the only bus in the afternoon / evening is at 1825hrs,.

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
1 post
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

Hi, I've read that this year the parades are going back to the traditional Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. We are planning on Tuesday but wondered if it is the same floats ect; that are in the parade on each day.

Wasaga Beach, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
4 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

I was told that the parade was all 3 days. You can get tickets at the ticket shop. 15 euros for the bus and admission to the parade from Albufeira

Mentioned in this post
Albufeira
Albufeira
Faro District, Portugal
Perth
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

I read that is Tuesday only this year

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,677 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018

Which is tomorrow of course! I am told the town was very much alive with people in fancy dress etc on Saturday.

Reply to: Loule, Portugal Carnival 2018
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loule
Recent Conversations