We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canada do Parragil

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
23 reviews
Save Topic
Canada do Parragil

We are self-catering in Canada do Parragil, has anyone stayed here before and can advise on where the nearest shops are, what they are, and how far? Would also like to know where the nearest supermarket is for us to stock up, also any other advice on the area hugely appreciated.

Many thanks

5 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
55,466 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canada do Parragil

So far as I know the nearest supermarket is the ALDI in Boliqueime, about 6km away. Map - https://goo.gl/maps/Ai4nYSGJGQN2

There are others in Loulé, where there are LIDL, Continente and Pingo Doce all pretty close to each other on the south western edge of the town along the N396 road in the industrial area.

Loulé is about 8km or 5 miles east of Canada do Parragil. I cannot swear that there is not small village store somewhere, but I don't recall ever having seen one on my occasional journeys that way..

Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Canada do Parragil

Nothing like shops in Canada do Parragil. There are two little shops in Parragil (plus a Cafe). They will have the essentials and daily fresh bread. You'll be quite isolated in Canada do Parragil. Will you have a car?

London
Level Contributor
44 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canada do Parragil

Yes I will have a car. It's more about stocking up on essentials the evening we arrive, and of course getting lots of beautiful things to cook on the BBQ, both packaged from a supermarket, and hopefully fresh fish, clams, etc in a market somewhere.

Thank you for the replies on this thread it is very helpful.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
55,466 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Canada do Parragil

There is an excellent proper local indoor market in the centre of Loulé in a rather splendid building, certainly fish etc is sold there. Shellfish is sold according to season. This Saturday I shall be passing by there myself.

Parking nearby is not easy, the trip will be worthwhile if you can manage it. It's open every day except Sundays until about 2pm.

The supermarkets are open every day until at least 8pm, some later. If you should be passing the huge Mar Shopping complex on your way towards Parragil, the hypermarket there is open until 11pm

Map - https:/…how-to-get-to-the-centre

Edited: 13 February 2018, 01:19
Algarve, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Vilamoura, Algarve, Portugal
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Canada do Parragil

When you arrive, I suggest you stop at a supermarket near the airport, There's an Aldi and a Pingo Doce. At what time do you arrive? The indoor Loulé market is rather disappointing during the week and open during mornings only. Quality and prices are not so good, it's more about tourism. On Saturday there is a farmer's market, all the way around the market hall. Produce freshness and prices are better. The Modelo/Continente and Pingo Doce supermarkets in Loulé have fresh fish counters. Quality and prices are good.

Reply to: Canada do Parragil
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Loule
Recent Conversations