We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Humidity in September?

yorkshire
Level Contributor
70 posts
1 review
Humidity in September?

Thinking of visiting in September and was wondering about humidity, as would like to do some walking whilst there. Is this a good time or would late June/early July be better? Didn't realise it was humid until got the Sunflower Lanscapes book, so any advice/comments would be most welcomed.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Fuerteventura, Istria
Level Contributor
13,576 posts
97 reviews
1. Re: Humidity in September?

I asked the same question last year, may be interested in the post below :-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189100-i201-k45…

Luckily, when I visited at the end of June last year I did not experience any humidity. I think the humidity is worse in July and August. The weather in the Azores is very changeable but luckily we only had one day of rain with six days of sun / cloud which exceeded my expectations. The temperature was very pleasant around 21C.

Loved the Azores, may be interested in my trip report and photographs :-

tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g189134-i1760-k4…

Have a great time!

Lisbon, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Azores, Lisbon
Level Contributor
25,221 posts
57 reviews
2. Re: Humidity in September?

Humidity is very "present" in the Açores, you just have to be lucky in your week there. Here's the local meteo analysis about temperature and precipitation at Açores over a long period, http://www.meteo.pt/en/oclima/clima.normais/020/; theoretically July and August are the months with lower precipitation.

Sao Miguel, Portugal
Level Contributor
231 posts
6 reviews
3. Re: Humidity in September?

The Average humidty year is around 77%.

This is a example of one of the years the average humidty during July, August and September.

Jul 74%

Aug 73%

Sep 74%

One Year to another is not the same but around what I wrote.

Last year June, July and much of August felt dry, and then in September it became more humide, but other years September felt more dryer the June, July and August.

But if you are walkingor hiking in the Mountains, at a certain altitude it will feel cool and confortable, so you will not realize the humidity to much!

Have a nice vacation to the Azores!

Gary

4. Re: Humidity in September?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 19:16