We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Azores.com

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Using Azores.com

Has anyone ever used the web site Azores.com. if yes, how was it? Are they reliable?

USA
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Using Azores.com

I Haven't used them.

I booked on my own.

Durham, North...
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Using Azores.com

I'm not sure if you still need a response to this, but I do NOT recommend using azores.com. I wanted to book my entire trip to the Azores with them after seeing their tours and given that their website seemed to be one of the nicer ones. After weeks of very slow back and forth with them on simply booking the flight, I missed out on the cheaper airfare because they were too slow to respond. When they finally did get back to me, all they did was direct me to book on their website, which provides the same airfare as going directly to the airline would. I assumed they would have some sort of discount as a travel agent, but they didn't. I ended up booking the same flight through a different agency, which was $300+ cheaper per person. Since azores.com had answered several questions I posed on Azores travel, I felt obligated to use them to book other services (e.g., tours). However, again, they were extremely slow to respond to any questions, often didn't reply at all, wouldn't tell me what tour companies they used, etc. and I ended up booking tours with other companies that were more responsive. I kept giving them the benefit of the doubt and wanted them to get some business from me, so I told them to book 3 specific items for me. Two weeks after telling me they would "send me the confirmations in time," and not responding to my attempts for an update, I gave up and told them to cancel anything I booked. This agency is not worth your time. Unreliable and very poor service. Also, I had asked them to direct me to reviews of their services (e.g., on Tripadvisor), and they told me they didn't believe in reviews and that they were just lies posted by other travel agencies. This made me very uneasy and reflects something an unreliable company might say.

Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
2 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Using Azores.com

Thank you for your info. We ended doing some of it ourselves and using AAA travel services for the remainder. My experience with the Azores.com folk is very similar. Would go weeks between responses, so we just gave up and went to AAA. Good news is that we have a great trip planned during the Fesival Sanjoaninas.

Hamilton, New...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Using Azores.com

I DO RECOMMEND using Azores.com

I have been using Azores.com for many years now and will keep doing it as long I can afford traveling to the islands which I do often.

They are very helpful, professional, friendly and a reliable company. I've been using them since 1999.

Go for it!

Best,

Charles

Redding, Connecticut
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Using Azores.com

I know Azores.com for many years and the bad comments about this company are simply not true.

I had the best trip of my life with them. The organisation was spectacular.

If i'm booking with a travel Agency, I put all in their hands. I will not question who they work with. It's with them that I am working with and it's them that I would be holding responsible if something didn't go as I planned. If they weren't a reliable company, how could they still be on business for many years?

if some of you are looking for information about this Tour Operator, I sincerely advise you to contact them.

Great islands to visit !

Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Using Azores.com

I personally had a bad experience with azores.com

I went to reserve a price indicated on their website at 0.01$/night. Despite my reservation, they did not honour the price because that was not what it was supposed to be. They had told me that I could pay the actual rate if I wanted to which was close to 80$/night. I had shown them pictures proving to them that the price was listed on the website however they told me no.

You can take a chance with them, I have heard mixed reviews about them, but just make sure you get confirmation that your price is locked in so they don't do the same to you.

If Azores.com lists a price at 0.01/night, they will not honour it, as it is a mistake they have not had the chance to correct yet.

I have found lots of deals on booking.com and they have been very good with the rates since you can book and cancel at any time with no cancellation fee.

Hope this helps!

Patrick

San Francisco...
5 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Using Azores.com

Your review is interesting. Do you really expected to get a room for 0.01$/night? I have used Azores.com and when the price shows 0 it means the prices have not been inserted yet for the following year. That is SOP in sites where the prices are entered manually. Booking.com does not show 0 prices because they are fully automated, and the prices are entered by the hotels themselves. Also you failed to mentioned how much the room was on booking.com. I'm sure it wasn't 0.01.

I think you failed to report 2 things. One was to provide the link to the pricing table so one could confirm your claim, and 2 when you mention that you heard mixed reviews, you're making a vague statement, without showing proof, and in my opinion trying to hurt a site reputation by off-loading your frustration of not getting a hotel room for 1 cent per night.

I have nothing but good things to say about Azores.com including their excellent pricing and great support once you get to the islands. Yes they are slower than you expect on impersonal booking sites, but they have real Azores knowledgeable and courteous people behind the booking site, and that makes all the difference.

San Diego...
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Using Azores.com

We just came back from Azores. Magical place! Whatever you do visit the main island of S. Miguel. Azores.com was perfect and boy where they patient with me. Eunice was my travel agent and she was fantastic. I drove her crazy but she patiently answer every question and changed every booking every time we changed our mind. We visited 4 islands, we're sure to go back, and we're certain we'll go with Azores.com!!!

2 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Using Azores.com

This message was proudly sponsored my Azores.com! Don't listen to this guy (tony), he does not know what he's talking about. Getting a little too defensive about a poor review.

Edited: 02 December 2014, 12:48
2 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Using Azores.com

I also had a HORRIBLE experience with azores.com. I spoke to a lady named Eunice via email who was nothing but UNPLEASANT and RUDE. She seemed very annoyed and was nothing but a waste of time. They falsely advertise their prices and if you encounter a problem with them, will handle it in the most obsurd manner. I asked them a question about one of their hotels and got a mocking reply by Eunice. They lack service and integrity. NEVER USE AZORES.COM!!!

Get answers to your questions about Terceira