We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Helicopter tour around Madeira.

Liepaja, Latvia
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Helicopter tour around Madeira.

Is it available now?

The Hague, The...
Level Contributor
5,125 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Helicopter tour around Madeira.

I don't think so. Flowercity may know more about it but the company that operated it, Helibravo Atlantic, is not in the telephone book and www.helibravo.com does not mention such flights. I think they have no place anymore from where to operate. It was in the port, then the promenade but I guess they had to stop when the seafront works started.

HeliAtlantis can also not be found.

Edited: 08 May 2014, 19:06
Wales, United...
Level Contributor
2,812 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Helicopter tour around Madeira.

I seem to remember helicopter rides in Funchal when we first visited . There is a youtube video of one from April 2011 but have not heard anything about them during our more recent visits .

Mentioned in this post
Funchal
Funchal
Madeira, Portugal
Madeira, Portugal
Level Contributor
10,735 posts
77 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Helicopter tour around Madeira.

No helicopter here any more (except the Army one!!)

Malvern, United...
Level Contributor
322 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Helicopter tour around Madeira.

It used to operate from a pad in the harbour just west of the Beerhouse and briefly moved to a wooden platform on the beach/rubble after the floods of Feb 2010 but then disappeared. Not sure if it was lack of a base or effects of the recession. Personally I was glad to see it gone as was rather disruptive and noisy frequently zooming in and out over the marina - flights only lasted about 10 or 15 minutes and were very expensive.

Mentioned in this post
Beerhouse
Beerhouse
884 Reviews
Madeira, Portugal
Liepaja, Latvia
Level Contributor
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Helicopter tour around Madeira.

Thank you all for your answers. I had a feeling that that's how it is.

6. Re: Helicopter tour around Madeira.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 May 2015, 12:16